The purpose of this position is to provide support to the day-to-day activities of all local logistics, and procurement of goods and services of the country office. Besides, the Administration, Logistic and Procurement Associate will serve as a primary contact and procurement lead of the country office.
The Administration, Logistic and Procurement Associate will be expected to work closely with the Finance officer, Project Managers and Senior Program and Assistant in the country office and provide complete support to them in handling administrative, logistics and procurement activities.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Preparing procurement plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies for the office and projects and monitor the procurement process.
• Organizing procurement tracking system and support program and management team up-to-date and reliable information on the procurement status.
• Researching and evaluating potential suppliers and create and maintain professional relationships with existing vendors and suppliers
• Conduct market price assessment for planning and budgeting.
• Prepares and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual procurement reports to the country director and Head of Operations.
• Maintain accurate filing systems and ensure that all procurements of goods are managed, tracked and recorded in collaboration with Office Assistant/Storekeeper.
• Maintain adequate stock levels of all items and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels to allow for uninterrupted operations.
• Respond timely to all queries from the GAIN team on the status of outstanding purchases.
• Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc. and maintain suppliers’ database with catalogues of various products and prices.
• Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations
• Examine and analyze country office purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information.
• Assist the country office teams in the preparation of specifications, bill of quantities, TORs for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased.
• Preparation of standard bidding documents, with terms and conditions of the tender
• Analyze quotations, prepare bid analysis, purchase orders and contract agreements when required.
• Ensure delivery of procured goods and services to relevant teams/individuals.
• Perform timely clearance of goods from the customs by working with clearing agents, relevant government partners and timely processing and follow up of relevant government exemptions.
• Organize the loading/unloading of store goods when dispatched to projects and partner organizations
• Support in facilitating conferences and workshops
• Review field office procurement records to ensure compliance, maintain appropriate purchase documentation and obtain the necessary approvals.
• Organize transportation needs either for personnel, goods, or services in conjunction with the Head of Operations and Senior Program and Administrative Assistant
• Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management.
• Perform any other related duties as required.
Key organizational relationships
• Reports to the Head of Operations
• Works with staff in the Ethiopia office on all administrative related activities
• External suppliers and stakeholder organizations in Ethiopia
• Work closely with Senior Program and Administrative Assistant and cover her/his duties when absent
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Good analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, strong team-oriented and flexible
• Keen to take initiative where appropriate.
• Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibility.
• Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment.
• Proven experience in logistic and procurement role or similar position
• INGO experience is preferable
• Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Procurement, Purchasing & Supply Chain Management, Economics, or other relevant fields of study
• Honest, ethical, and committed
• Working knowledge of English and Amharic (both verbal and written) is required
WHAT GAIN OFFERS
• Flexible working hours
• Friendly working environment
• Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
If you are interested and competent for the job, please refer to the following link for the detailed information and to apply directly on our website:- https://jobs.gainhealth.org/vacancies/887/ and click the "Apply Now" link.
This advert closes on 14th August 2022. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Ethiopia. Please note that GAIN is currently unable to sponsor working visas and relocation.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.