The Coordination Office for Development Cooperation at the Austrian Embassy in Addis Ababa has a mandate to implement the bilateral development cooperation between Ethiopia and Austria. The mandate of the coordination office includes policy dialogue and monitoring of project implementation funded by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA). ADA has been delegated to manage the funding allocated by the European Union for the support of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) under the EU Trust Fund for Africa (EUTF), Horn of Africa window, for a programme titled “IGAD Promoting Peace and Stability in the Horn of Africa Region (IPPSHAR)”. The Administrative Assistant will work within the IPPSHAR team, embedded in the IGAD Peace and Security Division, under direct supervision of the Team Leader and overall reporting to the Head of Office.
Coordination Office for Development Cooperation, Austrian Embassy Addis Abeba
Duration: up to end December 2022 Starting date: asap
The administrative tasks include
- Assist the office staff with handling of documents (photocopying, binding, and preparing documents, etc.).
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing system.
- Assist in handling inventory and updating inventory list.
- Assist travel management of staff members, flight tickets, hotel bookings etc.
- Assist in office routines e.g. procurement processes, logistics, etc.
- Assist in human resources related management areas.
- Assist in time management tools and applying basic skills by organizational support to the Team in organising meetings, arrange appointments for visitors, guests etc.; uses Outlook Calendar.
- Handling of petty cash, advance payments as per the office regulations.
- Assisting in bank and cash management (cheque writing, bank statements, etc.)
- Undertake all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor´s degree in business administration.
- Proven relevant professional experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package (especially MS Word and MS Excel, MS Outlook).
- Excellent Amharic and English language skills are required (oral and written). Knowledge of other regional languages and French is regarded as an advantage.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural team.
- Interested to work in an international environment.
- Stress resistance and ability to work under pressure with short deadlines.
How to Apply