LOCATION: Country Office, Addis Ababa
REQUIRED NUMBER: 1
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract for 2 months
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION
The Project Admin Assistant will. under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, handle the administrative aspects of the project. S/he will be assisting in planning, organizing, and carrying out day-to-day administrative activities of the survey and will be supporting the Project Coordinator with administrative tasks including the management of personnel, financial, administrative, and logistical activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee the purchase of project supplies and equipment
· Book air tickets and reserve rooms for ICAP staff/guest, and facilitate for the timely settlement of airfare fees and hotel bills
· Ensure field vehicles get service in time; follow up conditions and report problems in time
· Prepare vacancy announcements, review applications, and provide a short-list to those offices.
· Ensure the personnel policy is understood by project staff members
· Maintain personnel records of project field teams electronically and provide payroll information to Finance
· Maintain staffing tables, and processing of contracts.
· Determine and recommend benefits and entitlements for staff based on contractual status
· Design, plan, monitor and provide induction orientation and briefing to project staff members
· Perform other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor
· Facilitate and support the training of project staff
· participate in communications pertaining to the project implementation; and document the records of project survey activities
· Establish and manage all procurement and logistics activities of the project including possible management of vehicles in consultation with Operation team
· Perform other tasks assigned by immediate supervisor
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· BSc degree in management or a related discipline
· A minimum of 5 years of work experience in project management /logistics
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, other department staff, managers, and external bodies.
· Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Proficiency in relevant computer applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email
· Good communication skills in English language
Periodic domestic travel throughout the project areas to support the planning and implementation of the project management activities in the field.