|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Job Title||:||Budget & Programming Officer|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, April 8, 2022|
|Application Deadline||:||Wednesday, April 20, 2022|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Position: Budget & Programming Officer
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Create and review limited number of project budget plans and monitor ongoing project performance against budget, ensuring adherence to guidance and policies, and providing financial analysis and advice to optimise resources.
• Support monitoring of fund utilisation, and advance financing, loan and borrowing/repayment and refinancing arrangements; and alert supervisors to approaching deadlines for unassigned funds and potential resource shortfalls/surpluses.
• Monitor actions related to project closure and resource transfer and refer potential issues to the supervisors.
• Support senior colleagues in monitoring the resource pipeline to maximise operational effectiveness, following standards and processes, and providing advice on resource allocations based on severity of pipeline shortfalls using relevant pipeline tools.
• Support the preparation of food-demand plans to support the replenishment process through the corporate Global Commodity Management Facility and provide information to guide RB/HQ decision-making when multiple projects compete for the same stock.
• Create and review budget and project documentation and ensure relevant resource data is recorded in internal systems for reference, in line with WFP standards and procedures.
• Contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans, processes, and procedures ensuring compliance with wider budget programming policies and WFP standards.
• Collate and analyse data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to senior management and external stakeholders.
• Contribute ideas to senior officers for improvement to systems, techniques, tools, processes, and procedures to better monitor and manage budgets and funds.
• Support the capacity building of WFP staff in budgeting, fund management and operational planning through answering queries and contributing to updating training materials, and guidelines.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices and contribute to technical recommendations and guidance and monitoring the management of financial risks.
• Other as required.
• TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term, NOA
• UNIT/DIVISION: Budget and Programming
• DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• REPORTING LINE: Head of Budget and Programming
How to Apply:
• To apply please use the following link:
• DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 20 April 2022
The position is open to Only Ethiopian National
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Education: Advanced University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
• Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in pipeline, grants, and budget management work, including at least three years in Resource Management or other related fields.
• Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of the local language is added advantage.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has performed financial analysis and supported the preparation of complex financial documents.
• Has supported the preparation of operational budgets and reviewed budget performance through in-depth analysis.
• Has contributed to preparation of the pipeline report, collated required data for the pipeline, and supported operational planning.
• Has provided analytical inputs for the development of budgets, financial plans, or analysis.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|