The Capacity Building and Training Officer will provide technical and operation support to the IFES-Ethiopia field office.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support IFES technical experts in the design and implementation of capacity building and training activities on electoral administration, electoral legal framework, and electoral dispute resolution with the NEBE and Federal Supreme Court;
- Support other capacity building and training activities as directed by the Project Manager, based on approved workplan(s), budgeting, and other relevant framework;
- Provide input into the annual workplan drafting process;
- Coordinate with UNDP and EU/ECES, IFES’ CEPPS partners, and other USAID implementing partners to plan for and facilitate the implementation of training activities with the NEBE, including at the regional level;
- Represent IFES to participate in coordination meetings, roundtables, or other events per Project Manager’s guidance;
- Contribute to regular programmatic reports to donors and IFES HQ, including monthly, quarterly, and final performance reports;
- Contribute regularly to monitoring & evaluation data collection, particularly on the training workshops, including collecting and entering participation and pre- and post-training assessment data;
- Maintain crucial project documents which track project progress, file all project documents in an appropriate database, ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the Project Manager;
- Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the capacity building and training plan, communicate these items with the Project Manager, and work to identify potential solutions;
- Closely monitor the capacity building and training schedule, monitoring deadlines for each training task, raise potential delays with the Project Manager;
- Ensure branding, marking, and reporting expectations are well planned and met;
- Maintain and develop productive working relationships with partner organizations;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision;
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills;
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
Field Job Grade:
- IFES-Ethiopia Project Manager
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in English language, political science, international relations or related required.
- 4 years of experience working with international NGOs on implementation of international technical assistance programs;
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in election administration preferred;
- Training/facilitation skill/qualification is an advantage;
- Familiarity with Building Resources in Democracy, Governance and Elections (BRIDGE) training or electoral legal framework preferred;
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English and Amharic required.
- TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS /WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to Apply