Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development Commission Branch office of Meki (ECC-SDCBOM) is a faith based Non-Governmental Organization having Social Development activities in the Vicariate of Meki. The Social Development activities are carried out under the Social and Development Commission Branch Office.
Ethiopian Catholic Church Social & Development Commission Branch Office of Meki needs to employ personnel on the following Job areas.
As a member of the ECC-SDCBOM JEOP team, S/he will monitor and report on all cash transfer activities through microfinance in support of ECC-SDCBOM work serving the poor and vulnerable. Her/his thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with MCS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Oversee cash beneficiary registration and verification as per established standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Support and oversee the coordination and smooth implementation of cash distribution as per the established SOPs. Regularly liaise and coordinate distribution scheduling with kebele and woreda officials, distribution staff, financial service provider (FSP) staff for smooth implementation of the distributions. Coordinate and prepare all required equipment and lists in advance of the distribution
- Communicate challenges and troubleshoot situations that may arise before, during and after distributions, and ensure these are communicated to MCS.
- Provide field support to staff as needed.
- Ensure all monitoring, evaluation and accountability activities are carried out with the finalized tools and agreed-upon samples.
- Regularly support smart-card management as per developed SOPs. Regularly communicate to MCS updates, issues related to beneficiary cards and distributions.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules, as well as reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities, collecting and analyzing project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Keep records and collate distribution information in preparation for reports and overall record-keeping.
- Follow up on all issues that arise, as well as beneficiary feedback and individual cases.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Support effective implementation of Cash Programming, including closely following up on procedures/activities outlined in the Detailed Implementation Plan, timely processing of financial requests/disbursements/liquidations and monitoring and accountability activities.
- Effectively and responsibly manage and track cash programming equipment and assets.
Term of Employment: Contract based
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- MA/MSC or BA/BSC Degree in accounting, economics, agroeconomics, business administration or any related field
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support. Experience in the field of cash and voucher programming and for an NGO would be a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), as well as online
- data collection and data management platforms (e.g. iFormBuilder)
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
- Experience with partnership activities and institutional strengthening, preferably with a religious partner.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Presentation, facilitation, training skills.
Required/Desired Foreign Language : Afan Oromo (Mandatory), English and Amharic
How to Apply
Application Deadlines: Five (7) working days starting from the date of announcement
Place of Application: Applicants should submit their CV and other necessary documents to ECC-SDCBOM, Meki town, HR Office and Shashemene Branch office HR
Address: ECC-SDCBOM,P.O.Box 43,Meki, Telephone: 022-1-18 0798 or 022-1-180193
Only short least candidates will be communicated.