Department : Project_Implementation_Unit
Hierarchy: CCCM Project Manager
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location : Abala with frequent travels within Afar Region
Start Date: August 2021
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill CCCM Project Officer position in Abala, Ethiopia.
ACTED's CCCM Project Officer will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life. This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp. The CCCM Officer will also have an administrative responsibility of ensuring that CCCM staff and incentivized labour for their site are actively following their TORs and abiding by ACTED’s camp Code of Conduct.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Liaising and coordination with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites
- Liaising and coordination with local authorities responsible for site administration
- Liaising with clusters
- Considering gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines
- Referring to and following up with protection partners on identification and addressing of cases of vulnerability within the camp
- Ensure that principles of data confidentiality are respected in information management activities and that sensitive data of beneficiaries are protected when stored or shared if strictly necessary
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Supporting AME team in beneficiary identification, registration and verification
- Supporting AME team in Post-Distribution monitoring exercise
Project management and reporting
- Planning, Implementing and Reporting
- Supporting the line manager in devising weekly and long-term work plans for the project implementation, particularly or information management activities
- Attending regular staff coordination meetings
- Timely reporting on problems and challenges in the site to the line Manager
- Timely submission of weekly report, information products and updated databases as requested by the line manager
- Commitment to continuous learning through trainings and timely identification of capacity-building needs and opportunities, in coordination with line Manager/TC/HR Dept.
- Supervise recruitment of enumerators when needed for data collection
- Train Enumerators
Transparency and Compliance
- Ensuring compliance to ACTED internal procedures and donor procedures
- Accurate record-keeping of project documentation, including photos and proper filing of meeting minutes, databases, attendance sheets, assessment reports/documents, review and updating of databases etc., in soft and hard copy
- Provide translation of various documents (e.g. reports, minutes, beneficiary lists, information signs) upon request
- Perform any additional task as requested by the line Manager.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social science, Water and Sanitation or other relevant discipline
- 3-4 years CCCM management experience in Donor Funded Projects
- Demonstrated experience in CCCM management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Good numerical, report writing and administration skills; committed to consultative and servant-minded leadership; able to set clear objectives for staff and to delegate; able to enforce procedures
- Good understanding of SPHERE and other international standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage national staff
- Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken.
- Afarfa language is a mandatory requirement/Tigrinya is an advantage;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation.
How to Apply
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00PM on 29 TH July 2021 with the subject line “ CCCM Project Officer - Abala ”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that ACTED reserves the right to shortlist candidates on ongoing basis. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.