The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2019, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Civic Education and Accreditation Officer.
The civic education and accreditation officer will design, develop, and implement CSO accreditation procedure plan. S/he will award certificate and I cards when requested by CSO and will engage frequently with CSO to provide advises for the application process of accreditation and their engagement in implementation after accreditation.
Required number: One
Reports to: Civic and Voter Education Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service Scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after obtaining the contract
Travel: Travel to the field may be required
· Help organize an effective platform to enable civil society organizations to clearly understand their engagement with NEBE and compliance requirements;
· Design and develop various forms and help the implementation of the civic and voter education program (monitoring and follow up works);in collaboration with the monitoring expert ;
· Award and provide accreditation certificate and ID card, as well as support letters when requested by the CSO and review questions of the CSO case by case;
· Organize workshops and consultation with CSO’s;
· Constantly liaise with regional branch offices to follow the implementation of the CSO’s voter education program;
· Evaluate the teaching materials developed by the CSO from the manual and approve case by case; with collaboration with monitoring expert;
· Facilitate the translation of various documents relevant for the voter education program; with collaboration with monitoring expert;
· Ensure the completeness of CSO accreditation application files and screen their applications for accreditation;
· Design the process and detail activities for each reaccreditation exercise;
· Write, edit and prepare draft submission documents and key supporting evidence.
· Develop a concept note or guiding document for the board to decide on the available financial grant to be provided for CSO’s;
· Develop required criteria and measuring strands to help the financial award process;
· Engage with governmental, international and non-governmental stakeholders that provide support, license and approval on the general concept of the project;
· Provide up-to-date information the program leader with regards to the project regularly and when needed;
· Engage in annual planning exercise as well as regular quarterly report to the House of People’s representative especially related with the CSO accreditation activity;
· Collaborate with other experts in the Civics and Voter education department and provide support when requested by the program leader;
· Any other assignment given by the supervisor
· Advanced University Degree (Bachelor’s degree) in Political Science and International Relations, Law, Public Administration, Civic Education , Pedagogical Studies, Communications and Journalism and related fields
· 7 years of work experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
· Good organization skill;
· Demonstrate initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
· Experience in the development and delivery of public education and information programs in an election context, or relevant equivalent experience working with civil society organizations and implementing projects;
· Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
· Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
· Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
· Fluency in English and Amharic required;
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references via email to [email protected] by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturdays.
For more information and detailed Job description, please visit our job portal at http://www.abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list or http://www.ethiojobs.com
Qualified candidates who fulfill the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.