KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Data Entry and documention:
Program payment facilaition:
· Requests working/program advances for payment as per approved Terms of References
· Collects working/program advances and make various payments as per the authorization and approval of Budget Holders and in accordance with SCI’s financial management policy.
· Ensures that all payments are made against sufficient, complete, correct and relevant supporting documents duly verified and approved by concerned managers or budget holders.
· Ensures that all payment documents bear “Save the Children Paid” stamp.
· Summarizes expenses using relevant expense codes duly authorised by responsible person and timely settle all project advances to finance section of the Field Office before placing a request for another advance.
· Ensures that government withholding tax is deducted from service fees to hotels, resources persons etc. rendered outside of the Field Office location and issues receipts to service providers accordingly.
· Ensures that all unused cash returned from specific project advance is deposited in SCI Bank account daily and expenditures settled with in three days.
· Diploma in statistics, IT and computer science with minimum of two- four years of relevant work experience
· First Degree/Diploma in Accounting/Business Administration/Banking and finance or related fields with strong comuter skill including experinace in data entry.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Minimum of four years experience for diploma and two years for degree holders. Demonstrated experience in data entry, filing and disbursement related activities in NGO setting
· Proficiency in computer software such as Windows, Word, Excel, and Access.
· Ability to work as member of a multicultural development team.
· Efficient skill for posting data into computer.
· Good understanding of project implementation processes
· Demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication, local and english langaue
· Excellent and demonstrated skills in computer Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlooks, E-mails, DHIS2
(Define the experience and skills required for satisfactory job performance, these are in two categories such as ‘essential’ and ‘desirable’)
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en