FH Ethiopia , a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities, would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: Deputy Finance Manager
Duty Station : Addis Ababa (with periodic travel to project sites)
Duration of Contract: One Year contract, renewable with 45 days probation
Salary: As per the salary scale of the organization
Closing date: May 20, 2019
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
· The Deputy Finance Manager directly reports to the Finance Manager
· The position has a supervisory responsibility.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Deputy Finance Manager (DFM) plays a key role in ensuring effective, efficient and professional operations of the Finance Department and ensures that the highest standards of financial management to be achieved as per FH Ethiopia and Donors rules and regulations and compliance are met. The Deputy Finance Manager will work in consultation with the Finance Manager to control and manage financial operation of FH Ethiopia at HO and field levels.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Handles Cash management and transfers to the field offices.
2. Ensures the internal controls on cash management at HO and Field level are implemented.
3. Prepares donor reports in a timely fashion, meet established international accounting standards, are in compliance with multiple Donor regulations and forward to the Finance Manager for review.
4. Supports Program departments by participating in project proposal development and budget preparation.
5. Reviews annual and monthly budget revisions and attends review meetings.
6. Facilitates quarterly budget variance explanations from program departments.
7. Coordinates monthly financial report preparation between fields and HO.
8. Ensures transactions are properly recorded and entered into Sun System on timely basis as per the Finance policy of the organization.
9. Reviews bank reconciliations and tracks the updates.
10. Reviews payroll process and all related payments.
11. Undertakes activities assigned by the Finance Manager in the process of internal and external Audits.
12. Regularly visits projects and assists them in financial reporting and internal control related matters.
13. Conducts financial management and procedural trainings to field staff.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Must have a degree in Business Administration (Accounting) or Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) from a recognized and certified institution or university. A Master’s degree is an asset.
· 4 years’ experience in a similar or senior finance position with an International NGO.
· Practical experience in using a wide range of accounting software including Microsoft Dynamics and Sun Systems 5.03.1, Q&A Executive on hand and fluent operation level.
· Proven experience in treasury activities, establishment and monitoring of budgets, and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems.
· Proven expertise with USAID/UN/OFDA rules and regulation on Procurement and Financial Management
· Must have a proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls. Knowledge of IPSAS is an advantage.
· Demonstrated ability in analyzing financial documents, projections, expenditures, and accruals.
· Proficiency in Sun systems, MS-Word and MS-Excel and other applications
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their applications with CV’s to:
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and application letters