KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Facilitate/coordinate donor audits, compliance spot-checks and capacity assessment/ evaluations (90%):
- Strong understanding of Donor, SCI and Government rules and regulation/requirements.
- In coordination with the Donor Audit Manager, prepare and share a tentative annual audit schedule to the relevant team/function based on available information for planning and preparation.
- Understand the program and conduct compliance spot-checks on high risk donors/projects including field visits.
- Receive and share donor-specific audit requirements and TOR for auditor visit to the relevant team, including known donor-specific risks.
- Coordinates and interacts with audit firms performing donor audits.
- Organize key compliance and contractual terms from all active programmes for all donors.
- Conduct pre-audit assessments of the sample documents before the audits.
- Organize and participate in the entrance meeting with external auditors to understand the scope of the specific audit they perform.
- Liaise with the relevant department to ensure the information and documents needed by the auditors are organized and readily available to the auditor.
- Supply to the auditors all the data and documents gathered from departments and programmes.
- Facilitate the logistic needs of the external auditors with respective personnel.
- Receive audit queries from external auditors and distribute to the relevant personnel to respond them. Facilitate any meeting with the relevant personnel as demanded by the auditors.
- Organize answers to the queries and provide to the auditors and support them to clear all their questions on time.
- Organize and participate in the exit meeting to discuss the findings of the auditors and present the management responses. Communicate the relevant team to attend the meeting.
- Assist the Audit Manager to prepare management response to donor audit recommendations based on the feedback collected from the relevant team.
- Maintain a data base and follow up the implementation of audit recommendations and update the status of each audit recommendation for periodic reporting to the management.
- In coordination with the Audit Manager, communicate/arrange a briefing season of the summary of audit findings/recommendations with the relevant staff as a lessons learned to avoid similar issue in the future.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Conduct internal audits of SCI CO and FOs (5%):
- Participate in development of the CO Risk and Compliance department annual audit plan.
- Perform audits and report the results of the audit engagement that he/she is assigned. Perform each stage of audit procedures in a professional manner.
- Provide proper custody and care for financial and other documents received from archives for review.
- Discuss observations and recommendations with management to assure agreement.
- Write clear, concise, and factually accurate audit reports, cross reference and annotate appendices.
- Maintain and file all electronic working papers in an organized manner.
- Propose recommendations that incorporate corrective, detective and preventive measures to address risks and control weaknesses.
- Provides clear guidance and advise to make necessary amendments whenever the techniques and procedures are found inefficient and ineffective.
- Follow up the implementation of audit findings/recommendations
Fraud awareness training and investigations (5%):
- Conduct investigations and submit clear and concise investigation report supported by evidences.
- Create investigation tracking/log worksheet with corresponding summary reports. Guidance to be provided by Head of Risk and Compliance.
- Have a contribution on the monthly fraud awareness messages
- Provide fraud awareness training, as per the need.
- Undertake any other tasks as requested by immediate supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA Degree in Accounting or related field with a minimum of five years of related work experience in administration, finance/audit, donor compliance.
- NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Good communication skills in English both verbally and in writing.
- Proven cross-cultural sensitivity and flexibility required.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems; proficient in MS Excel, Ms Word, Outlook; familiar with accounting software; strong ability to present, analyse and process numerical information and financial and statistical data.
- Ability to create and maintain a high level of effective output; capacity to work hard and remain focused within expected standards of performance with minimal supervision.
- The ability to understand and break down complex technical problems, both translating them into layperson’s terms as well as finding solutions which work.
- Strong organizational and self-management skills with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others.
- Experience of managing teams, as well as indirect relationships.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Willingness to travel to field sites on a regular basis and work in challenging environments
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the below link: