- Company: Mekdim Ethiopia National Association (MENA)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
Mekdim Ethiopia National Association (MENA), a National non-governmental, non politics and a not for profit AIDS and Children support humanitarian organization, would like to invite dynamic candidates for the following vacant post
Term of Employment: 1year with possible of extension
Major Duties/Job Summary:
- Design and uses sound internal financial control system to safe guard assets, records and documents of the organization.
- Develop work plans at unit and individual level.
- Ensure the communication of finance policies and procedures within the organization, and with other stakeholder
- Supervises and check all financial activities including payments, transfers of fund, payroll, controlling cash and other current accounts, bank reconciliation statements, liabilities for correctness and timely delivered;
- Check that payments requests are made according to agreement and from the appropriate fund
- Ascertain that program/project payments are made within the grant period and per approved budget line items.
- Check the replenishment of the petty cash fund and arrange disbursements
- Ensure the timely settlement of MENA obligations (taxes, provident fund etc)
- Ensure that all financial transactions analysis codes and associated and account code have been set using MENA chart of accounts
- Follow up the closing of the account monthly and facilitate yearend financial closing activities and well-organized financial documents for External Auditor.
- Cooperate with the external auditor during their auditing work
- Monitoring operating/administrative expenses and external funds and identify issues for discussion with MENA Management team.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation
- Arrange and follow up change of cheque signatories
- Follow up the submission of timely reports and grants monitoring activities
- Ensure the communication of financial management concept within the organization with Branches and other stakeholders
- Prepare periodic financial reports to donors, government and other entities in respect to both contractual and legal requirements,
- File all financial documents and reports and perform other duties as assigned
- Ensure accurate recording of Mekdim assets (inventory) and liabilities
- Assist program manager and Program team with fund utilization reports for project
- Maintain separate Accounts for each project or according to the needs of funder
- Assist program Manager ,Branch manager, Department Heads and project officers
- Implement Personnel police and procedure in the organization in collaboration with concerned department heads
- Work with local and kebel or werda authority in conjunction with the General manager
- Maintain Mekdim Personnel policies and procedures and recommended change to general manager
- Prepare proper recruitment procedures
- Perform annual or probationary staff performance appraisal
- BA degree in accounting
- 6 years and above in related Position (NGO experience is Mandatory)
Technical and other skills
- Knowledge of managing multi donor funds
- Good communication and presentation skill
- Good skill in computer and accounting software application Peachtree is mandatory