Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS is an international non-profit aid organization with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland and works in more than 30 countries in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS Ethiopia Country office wants to recruit one Finance Assistant for its Addis Ababa office.
Duty Station: Country office, Addis Ababa
Duration of Employment: Six (6) month fixed term contract.
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Verify correctness of cost/expense documents and ensure that payment requests are supported by source documents and required authorizations are in place. S/he shall also be responsible to effect all payment requests on time.
- Responsible for accurate and timely posting of all financial transactions and ensures the application of proper accounting controls and uniformity with financial regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence of financial transactions of the financial policies and procedures, donor terms and conditions and Government policies.
- Ensures statutory tax obligations (VAT, withholding and employee income tax and others) are timely and accurately settled.
- Prepare monthly payroll and payroll related transfers and make sure all the payroll related transactions posted on time.
- Assist the FAM in preparation of documentation for the audit and that the audit is carried out in a timely fashion, as well as the implementation of the audit recommendation.
- Assist the Finance and Admin. Manager in Donor and statutory Audit process.
- Ensures all expenditures comply with requirements of the Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS Field Financial and Administration Guidelines (FFAG) and all local legal requirements and obligations (such as tax, social security, etc.).
- Prepare cash payment vouchers and ensure that all cash transactions are fully and properly documented and filed according to Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS procedures
- Collect bank advices, bank statements, and other bank correspondences
- Assists and support program personnel in relation to handling financial aspects of program activities both field & country office
- Issue and keep in custody, supplier’s cheques and to ensure that cheques are only handed over to authorized agents upon proper identification and submission of adequate supporting documents. Timely remanding payees and /or initiating departments with regard to payments
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
- As required, provide procurement support to the Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS Country and Field Office.
- Ensures proper and up-to-date forms and procedures are used and followed.
- Has a full understanding of Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS procurement policies and formats.
- Supports procurement process in collecting Quotations, and proforma invoices from suppliers whenever delegated. Distribute invitation to tenders and bid documents
- Assist the Procurement process and opening of bids and quotations.
- Maintain proper procurement files (photocopy of all transaction documents).
- Other duties as assigned.
3. Working with partner
- Maintain an appropriate filing system for the project documents (proposals, narrative reports, and financial reports) to accommodate all aspects of the Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS work.
- Ensure that POs’ financial reports are checked, problems identified and communicated back to POs for correction/clarification and reported to Finance and admin. manager.
- Maintain and update contact details of partners
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma/University Degree in Finance and Accounting and/or Management and Business related fields.
- Two or more years of experience for Diploma and One or more years of experience for University Degree.
- Proven experience in finance
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs
- Strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Excellent communication, organisational, and human interaction skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by sending letter of application and updated CV only through
Deadline for application: September 18, 2020
Only short-listed applications will be contacted. No phone calls are allowed!
Qualified Female applicants are encouraged to apply