Vacancy Number: DCA-ET/VA- 013/2021
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a legally registered international NGO engaged in development and humanitarian assistance to poor rural people in Ethiopia in partnership with Ethiopian NGOs and civil society organizations.
DCA Ethiopia is looking for a competent Finance Assistant for its project entitled “Integrated, nutrition sensitive emergency response to South Sundanese refugees and host communities in Gambella, Eritrean refugees and Tigrayan IDPs in Afar, and IDPs in Oromia regional state” in Afar region. Under the supervision of the Field Office, the position holder shall closely work with the rest of DCA project teams in Afar towards to the attainment of the project objectives.
Overall Job purpose
The role of the Finance Assistant is to handle all cash transactions and assist on administration/HR related activities. She/He is responsible for effecting cash, maintaining cashbook, mini warehouse management, Office management, and HR management for Afar field Office. She/He works under the supervision of the Finance and Admin Officer.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Cash, HR & Office Management
- Handle all cash transactions of the field office.
- Maintain and update field office cashbook on daily basis and have up-to-date petty cash balances.
- Keep all cheque pads in the safe box.
- Ensure withholding tax receipt is issued whenever tax is withheld from purchase of goods and services.
- Ensure that all transactions adhere to DCA financial guidelines and control systems.
- Ensure all financial documents are properly filed and handled.
- Ensure all financial documents are scanned or copied before the original is sent to Country office.
- Effect cash payments for only duly authorized payment requests.
- Ensure all necessary documents are attached to the payment request before effecting any payment.
- Follow-up cash advances and ensure they are duly refunded and/or settled.
- Make daily cash count for balance checking purpose and investigate the possible differences and their causes (if any).
- Perform coding and record cash transactions in the daily cashbook.
- Check the validity of the invoices.
- Settle (pay) monthly utilities, taxes, and pensions.
- Maintain proper records management for all Administrative correspondences & records.
- Update’s personnel files of field office employees and ensure field office employees records & fi les are kept safely.
- Assist in keeping and updating annual leave tracking sheets of all field office staffs.
- Ensure office arrangements and set up are attractive, conducive & economical.
- Make sure offices, guesthouses, premises & other facilities are clean & ready to always use.
- Make sure that refreshment services are served for field office employees timely and properly.
- Distribute staff phone credit on a monthly basis. Maintain complete record of the distribution.
- Make sure all communication systems & equipment are functioning properly, and they are utilized in economical ways.
- Assist in making flight booking for field office staffs whenever they travel for company business as well as R&R leaves in coordination with CO
Mini Warehouse Management
- Make sure mini-warehouse in an operational way for receipt, storage, stocking, preparation, and dispatch of the goods; optimize permanently the space for the stock rotation, etc.
- Ensure the mini store is organized, clean, dry and ready for inventory audit.
- Monitor maintaining & recording of goods in accordance with DCA policies.
- Make sure periodic recording/updating stock cards, issuance of goods, proper dispatch of the items, and responsible for the timely submission of stock reports.
- Conduct physical inventory, both scheduled and unscheduled, and organize a joint inventory on a quarterly basis.
- Report any incident to the direct line manager regarding warehouse management.
- Make sure the availability of proper security systems of the mini-warehouse
- Make proper follow-up and quality control of the items delivered by suppliers to the mini-warehouse.
- Review of all documentation regarding each receipt of goods and ensure the archiving of the forms; properly fill, sign and update stock cards and stock report accordingly.
- Prepare and submit store inventory reports on a monthly basis.
- Perform other activities given by his immediate supervisor
Number Required: One
Type of Contract: 12 months contract with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Finance and Admin Officer
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- Diploma/ BA Degree in Accounting
- At least four years of experience for diploma and 2 years’ of experience BA holders
- Working in INGO environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in helping the accounts department with different financial activities whenever needed
- High degree of professional responsibility and integrity.
- Able to communicate in English both written and spoken
- Able to use different types of software applications like Microsoft Office and Spreadsheets
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link
Or hard copy: submit application letter and CV with contact details of three references by hand delivery to DCA Berhale/Semera - Field Coordination Office with the subject line “Finance Assistant”
DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. Please don’t mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates with required educational background and experience are highly encouraged to apply .