TechnoServe Ethiopia is recruiting for a highly organized and dependable financial professional to lead the financial department of the Dilla project office of a large-scale five-year program in Yirgacheffe. If you want to be a part of a project from its inception this is the opportune moment to join TechnoServe as we move to the next phase of impact within the Ethiopian coffee industry.
If you are a finance wizard with strong attention to detail, if you are an expert in accounting practices and Ethiopian financial laws, policies, and procedures, if you are motivated to work behind the scenes to ensure project success and impact, if you enjoy improving financial systems and controls, and if you are excited to lead the project financial team for a large-scale project serving Ethiopian coffee farmers, then you may be exactly the person that we are looking for!
As the Finance Officer you will maintain the accounting principles, practices, and procedures for the Regrow Yirga program to ensure to production of accurate and on-time financial statements and reports. You will serve as a member of the TechnoServe finance team and work with country, regional, and home office staff to address a multitude of accounting activities on tight deadlines and improve the financial system of the project and organization. You will supervise accounting staff in the Dilla project office to ensure that the Regrow Yirga finance and accounting systems operate effectively and in compliance with governmental, organizational, and donor rules and regulations.
’s deep impact through support to project leadership and implementation teams to achieve programmatic excellence, ensure sound financial management, and maintain compliance with governmental, organizational, and donor rules and regulations. You will work closely with COP in Addis Ababa to oversee project budget functions and provide administrative and programmatic support to field teams, vendors, and subawardees and other partners. You will provide project backstopping leadership and work with a range of TechnoServe teams to ensure high-quality results.
The project will help farmers boost productivity and expand trade. Specifically, the Regrow Yirga program seeks to serve 42,000+ farmers, 45+ processing businesses, and coffee industry service providers. The project will launch an innovative Farmer Stumping Fund which will facilitate direct incentive (tools or cash) transfers to farmers to encourage tree rejuvination which has the potential to be scaled up to over 1 million coffee farmers nation-wide.
This USD 15 million project finds its roots in TechnoServe’s 10+ years of experience working with the coffee farmers in Ethiopia. Our work was recently honored as the “Origin Charity of the Year” by the National Coffee Association – the leading trade organization for the coffee industry in the United States.
What we Offer
We offer competitive salaries and career growth opportunities. We offer online learning resources from top universities. We provide regular training to all our staff to equip you with the coffee-specific technical know-how for you to excel. We provide autonomy in your job and freedom to bring in new ideas and initiatives. You get to be part of a stellar team and shape the project from its inception. You will be challenged and grow as a professional. We offer a diverse team environment and highly encourage women and underrepresented groups to apply. And of course… we serve great coffee and host regular fun team activities.
Our ideal candidate –
1. Has a strong, demonstrated experience in accounting and financial management with at least 3 years of relevant experience in accounting for an INGO or international business
2. Has a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or related field
3. Demonstrates strong financial management and analysis skills and possesses sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and local financial laws, accounting policies and procedures, and general human resources laws and policies in Ethiopia
4. Has excellent interpersonal communication skills and is fluent in Amharic and English (both written and verbal)
5. Demonstrates excellent organization and efficiency working with multiple teams and individuals
6. Effectively manages multiple tasks simultaneously with high attention to detail.
7. Embraces our values of collegiality (we stick our necks out for each other), integrity (doing the ‘right thing’ regardless), resourcefulness (solve problems) and results (bias for action)