Rift Valley Children and Women Development Organization (RCWDO) is a local Non-Governmental Organization established in 1993 G.C and registered by Authority of Civil Society Organization (ACSO) with registration number 0178. It is operating in eight zones of Oromia Regional State namely: East Bale, Arsi, Bale, West Arsi, Kellem Wollega, West Wolega, Gugi Zone and East Shoa zones implementing integrated rural community development programme in partnership with different donors & international NGOs partners targeting the poor and marginalized people.
One of the projects that RCWDO is currently implementing in the National Regional State in collaboration with SEDA is the third Phase of the Ethiopian Social Accountability Project (ESAP3) for Lot-12. The project is financed through a multi donor trust fund (MDTF) involving several DPs. The MDTF is administered by the World Bank (WB) managed by VNG International (MA) to be implemented in eight woredas of West Arsi & East Shoa Zones of the region. To facilitate effective implementation of the project, RCWDO would like to invite qualified, competent and interested applicants for the project that would be launched soon for the following position.
The finance officer (FO) is responsible to the project coordinator for financial management of the project, including accountable spending in the intervention woredas.
Main tasks of the finance officer:
- Manage the project finances by strictly following the ESAP operational manual – ensure that MA financial directives are shared with and understood by the partners and all the project team members;
- Support the PC in budget planning, modification and forecasting – so that every team member understands the budget resources available and how to account for these;
- Provide technical financial management support to relevant project staff, such as WSAEs – so they manage the woreda budgets transparently and in an accountable manner;
- Ensure that the program expenditures reconcile with those held by the contract partners;
- Proper recording of project expenditure into the accounting system and ensure that expenditure reported to the MA are reconciled with the accounting records;
- Ensure that financial reports (including those by partners) have the required documentation prior to submission to the MA;
- Prepare and submit financial reports as required in the operational manual;
- Timely and adequately address any financial management issue raised by the MA;
- Disseminate the approved quarterly financial report to the partners together with the verification memo;
- Notify sub-partners timely in case there is ineligible expenditure identified by the MA;
- Discuss financial management issues during the quarterly project management team meetings;
- Facilitate internal (by MA) and external audits as per the contract requirements;
- Facilitate project administration matters, such as procurement and close-out and other related activities.
Duration: One year with possibility of Extension
Minimum qualifications and skills:
- At least BA degree in accounting
- At least five years financial management experience of similar projects with over 200,000 USD annual budget in CSOs
- Strong financial reporting skills – excellent recording of financial transactions
- Proven skills with computer based financial reporting is a must. Example: Peachtree.
- Experience with facilitation of external audits
- Knowledge of Afaan Oromo is preferable
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send or submit in person non-returnable Application, testimonials along with a complete CV with in 07 working days from the date of announcement to: RCWDO Head Office at Gurd Shola, CMC Road, 3rd floor on AHF Building where Fresh corner center is located, P. O. Box 12916, Addis Ababa or send through email: [email protected] or [email protected] .
Note: Use " Finance officer (FO)" as the subject line of your email !
Female candidates are encouraged to participate.