GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #136/2021
WIDU – Employment Promotion in the informal Sector in Africa and together with the Diaspora
GIZ is seeking a Finance Officer to support the project “Employment promotion in the informal sector by leveraging diaspora money transfers” - WIDU.africa platform. The GIZ project is a regional project funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) that gives (financial and non-financial) incentives to invest remittances in friends’ and families’ micro and small businesses and thereby improve the employment and income situation in Africa. Through the digital WIDU.africa platform (www.widu.africa), grant applications are submitted jointly by members of the African Diaspora in Germany and business start-ups and micro-entrepreneurs in Africa. Entrepreneurs are supported by improved access to finance through the topping-up of diasporas’ transfers of funds and capacity-building of entrepreneurial skills.
After successfully piloting the project in Ghana and Cameroon it is being rolled-out to Ethiopia in Q1 2021.
Contract Duration: September 01,2021-December 31,2021
Responsibilities and Tasks
- The Finance Officer is responsible for:
- Ensuring that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures
- Effectively coordinating with the staff of the cluster accounting team and the GIZ country office Ethiopia
- Process payments via bank transfer and/or mobile money and deposits at the bank
- Financial planning, monitoring and accounting for the WIDU project, in close cooperation with the WIDU finance manager
1. Financial services
The Finance Officer
Required qualifications, professional experience and additional competencies
- University degree in accounting, financial management or another relevant field
- Experience in GIZ in the relevant subject context
- Proven experience of at least 5 years of professional working experience in finance and contract management in an international context
Other knowledge and additional competencies
- E xperience with IT-based accounting programs
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office) and openness to work with new platforms
- Excellent communication in English and Amharic.
- Able to work independently and perform well under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential data and information, use of good judgement and discernment
- Ability to work as part of a project team
- Willingness to strengthen skills and competencies as required by the tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email : [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘ Finance Officer #136/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”