The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Grant Budget Inspection and Reporting Manager .
Required number: One
Reports to: Chair Person, NEBE
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the chairperson of the board the Project Grant Budget Inspection and Reporting Manager will be responsible for assisting and overseeing the planning, accounting, reporting and budgeting of election operations and will ensure that the election operation is carried out in an efficient and coordinated manner
- Assist in the planning and budgeting of election operations;
- Prepare and update spending plans for election operations;
- Establish, maintain and develop relationship with donors and partners;
- Provide guidance in design, implementation, evaluation and overall management of project including adherence to approved annual work plans and effectiveness of activities;
- Advises on and monitor activities in different departments and groups In relation to the election calendar issued by the board and prepare a report accordingly ;
- Attend and provide support in all grant opening, reviewing and closing meetings;
- Provide technical input to Finance and Administrative personnel in budget preparation, grant/contract and procurement actions when needed;
- Collect and compile documents related to election operation;
- Provide reports to the board on regular and timely bases concerning election operations;
- Review and monitor partner projects expenditure and report to the chair person and board members in accordance with signed MoUs and agreements;
- Provide accurate information and updated regarding grants for board meetings;
- Work closely with finance department and ensure planned and implemented tasks supported by funding partners which are being processed through proper financial procedures and in timely manner.
- Implement other legal tasks assigned by the NEBE Management Board.
- MA in Business Administration, Accounting and Finance and other related fields
- 8 years of relevant experience in Grant Management of which 5 years of direct experience in grant administration and compliance issues.
- Strong familiarity with managing cooperative agreements and grants
- Ability to efficiently coordinate and manage field offices and field teams and to create and/or systems and procedures for managing Grant with many implementation sites, partners and beneficiaries
- Experience with multi partner-programs and working with local organizations
- Progressively increasing experience in designing, implementing, and managing complex grant projects involving multiple partners
- Strong knowledge of democratic process, particularly election and legal drafting
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks under tight schedule
- Complete tasks with limited supervision (self starter)
- Business awareness and numerical ability
- Demonstrating strong communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to adhere to all principle of confidentiality
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Ability to work with senior management
- Enthusiastic team player
- Ability to show initiative, good judgements an resourcefulness
- Excellent staff management ability
- Not being a member of any political party
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to [email protected] by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.