FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the Grants, Contract and Budget Manager position:
The Grants, Contract and Budget Manager will oversee the Grants, Contract and Budget Management Team (GCBMT) to monitor, analyze, and report on financial and compliance data related to FHE’s portfolio of all grants. The position will have a work on multi-lateral, other bi-lateral, private and INGO donors and US Government grants, and will play a critical role in protecting FHE from risk, ensuring FHE’s good standing with donors and partners by supporting accurate, complete and timely financial reporting. The Grants, Contract and Budget Manager will be responsible to lead the FHE GCBMT in preparation of the Single Audit and annual budget planning. The position will monitor financial and programmatic progress of awards and facilitate regular coordination meetings to ensure FHE delivers projects on scope, on time, and on budget. As assigned, the position will also support budget and compliance reviews of grant proposals and awards, working closely with Programs and Business Development manager to ensure proper award budgeting, compliance, reporting, and closeout for an assigned portfolio of grants from USG, Multilateral, and INGO donors.
· Monitor grants from pre-award to closeout to ensure full compliance with the policies, practices and procedures of FH and the donor.
· Manages the preparation of monthly grant analysis reports for all grants, as well as producing financial performance reports for the SLT, FH HQ and donors.
· Coordinates and reviews grant agreements, amendments, and extensions.
· Investigates and resolves any compliance problems and ensures that actions are properly documented.
· Supports the Business Development Manager and Programs department in developing new proposals for grant funding with a focus on budget, compliance, and sound management principles.
· Review donor requirements for new proposals and ensure that assigned proposals fully meet donor requirements.
· Prepares and reviews budget narrative and consolidated budgets ensuring the donor and ETH government compliance.
· Prepares and reviews periodic financial reports for donor compliance.
· Supports in the preparation of financial quarterly reports for USG grants.
· Conducts coordination calls with HQ Grants Management Team and technical staff on an ongoing basis to resolve and prevent compliance and/or performance issues.
· Supports the Finance and Admin Director with analyzing and processing reports and payment requests from sub-awardees, and contractors, and with other tasks as assigned
· Participate in and facilitate negotiations with donors and other partners in relations to grants, contracts, and other agreements in light of donor and organizational policies and guidelines.
· Supports Finance and Admin Director by preparing reports and information related to FHE grants metrics.
· Maintains shared resource Google file and other such as Dropbox and FH Connect with up-to-date information in relation to grants and compliance
· Supports in the preparation of the Single Audit and External Audit
· Collaborates with department directors and project managers in preparation of annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and other projections as needed.
· Uses the established Smartsheet for tracking the country's grant "backlog” to track each award on how much has been spent on those awards, and what the remaining balance is for each award.
· Ensure grants database and other platforms are up-to-date with required information.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
- Publicly endorse FH is gender sensitive and inform the mandates of the Gender & Diversity groups, gender advisors, and gender focal Points.
- Approve funding for a full slate of gender activities and implementation
- Enforce the sexual harassment policy and on field visits, raise gender issues with staff, and spend time with Gender Focal Points.
- Work with HR to make recruitment more “gender friendly”, with gender sensitive interview panels.
Safety & Security Responsibility
- Encourages compliance of Safety and Security principles and policies of the organization by all staffs;
- Takes the leadership in the management of Safety and Security in the Head Office and Projects. This includes identifying factors that increase risk, finding ways to reduce risk and planning ahead;
- Ensuring that all employees, local/foreign interns, as well as external consultants submit an updated Record of Emergency Data to their travels out of their base stations to accomplish FHE’s mission.
- Communicating with staffs in Field Offices and operational areas periodically and making sure that all staff members are aware of the safety and security procedures;
- Facilitating implementation and revision of Country Office procedures when required. This includes identifying potentially risky situations and suggesting corrective measures.
Job Level Specification
- Full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
- Intermediate to Advanced skill in Excel is required; Competence in Microsoft Word and Google application suite is required.
- Thorough working knowledge of 2 CFR 200 and UN grant guidelines, as well as grant compliance principles and concepts. Competent in all job functions with high-level understanding of the industry practices, techniques and standards.
- Experience on generating reports from MS Dynamics and Power BI is highly preferred.
- Ability to analyze complex sets of data
- Experience with USAID, UN, and other public funding donors is required, but training will be provided
- Project management experience; PMD Pro Certification is a plus.
- Be willing and able to deploy to disaster and emergency response areas to provide support.
- Ability to contribute and assist in developing and reviewing procedures for the various areas of the department.
- Ability to coordinate and conduct meetings, trainings and seminars related to grants management, compliance, and donor guideline
· Minimum 8 years of related experience with grant and contracts management, financial analysis, or grant compliance
· Prior USG and other Donor grant management experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) preferably MBA from four-year College or university in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
How to Apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their applications with CV’s to: [email protected]
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and applications