Planning, Delivery, and Control:(45%)
Responsible for coordinating and overseeing all aspects of grant funding and disbursement, compliance and management for womenï¿½s organizations.
- Develop grant application forms, instructions, and guidelines in a participatory approach with womenï¿½s organizations.
- Coordinate, schedule and participate in Grants Committee meetings and take part in the grants review processes to ensure correct procedures are followed.
- Plan, design, and present information sessions for womenï¿½s rights organizations to encourage applications, guide them through the application process, and address any queries, etc.
- Formulate procedures for the timely and accurate review and submission of proposals and establish the necessary controls to effectively and efficiently utilize the funding in line with granting and donor requirements.
- Review grant applications for completeness and eligibility requirements and notify applicants of the status of their proposal and ensure clear project work plans are in place for each grant and revised regularly
- Coordinate preparation of grant agreements, budget templates, reporting requirements, and monitoring of grant periods and close out of the grant awards.
- Review and coordinate EOI guidelines, openings/familiarizations and evaluations process of EOIs
- Disseminating the EOIs to ensure that all WOs have access to the grant opportunity, especially the most marginalized.
- Prepare materials, factsheets provide to WOs to enable them to better understand the project and funding opportunities.
- Organize and implement orientation workshops with WOs to share further details about the opportunities and to answer WO questions.
- Work with WOs to support them in further developing their proposals and budgets.
- In collaboration with the Capacity Building specialist and M&E specialist plan and implement due diligence assessments and identify gaps within WOs in complying to PIEs partnership standards and provide necessary support to WOs as needed.
- Support WOs in the development of project monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, annual reports, budget requests, liquidation, etc. to ensure that activities of WOs are planned, implemented, and supported.
- Draft project agreements and facilitate signing
Coordinationï¿½s with Finance and WOs (15%)
- Work closely with PMT and finance of PIE for effective Budget planning and Financial Management
- Expected Outcomes:
- Prepare budget plan, cash forecast and liaison with Finance for timely budget releases to grant recipient organizations
- Prepare Project Output modifications (PO) and other necessary changes to be made at the Sap system
- Review reports of Grant recipient organizations and support for liquidations
- Support the Grants Compliance Specialist with financial coordination, grants and compliance tools and templates to effectively understand the working culture of WOs and accommodate their context
- Bridge between Grants Compliance Specialist and Women organizations to support financial liquidations process
- Reviewing grant narrative reports and deliverables/milestones from womenï¿½s rights organizations in a timely manner to necessitate processing of additional funding; consolidate information to inform project level donor reports.
- Maintain an up-to-date tracker for womenï¿½s rights organizations expenditures and advances.
- Capacity Development and Working Relationships: Provide continuous support to Women Organizations (40%)
- Based on organizational self-assessments and grant proposals submitted by womenï¿½s organizations, support organizations to develop project implementation plans to successfully implement their grants.
- Foster strong coordination and collaboration with womenï¿½s organizations through open and transparent communication, participation and joint decision-making, and respect for their agency and technical expertise.
- Work collaboratively with the project team to ensure effective and efficient processing of grants and data collection, monitoring, and reporting is comprehensive.
- Be a Capacity Assessment member and train and support WOs through the PIA process, ICDP and FMOD.
- Build the capacity of partner organizations in project cycle management and Grant management
- Organize the team for effective monitoring, evaluation and learning of project interventions and outcomes, including the production of technical documents and reports
- Engage and coordinate the project team to prepare and organize the WVL project annual, semi-annual, and quarterly plans to ensure gender transformative change outcomes are reflected as well as how the feminist principles are being utilized to guide project implementation.
The Grants Coordinator will contribute to productive and functional relationships with the project team, womenï¿½s organizations, and the wider Plan International Ethiopia and Plan International Canada teams.
Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours Required
Skills and Knowledge
- Academic qualification BA/MA in economics, business, project management, or other relevant fields.
- At least 4 yearsï¿½ experience in project management, grants management and compliance with more than one development aid donor.
- Proven experience working with program management tools and processes, including financial reporting budget guidance, work plans and monitoring templates.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic work planning processes.
- Understanding of feminist principles, gender equality, and womenï¿½s empowerment.
- Familiarity with Global Affairs Canada guidelines and requirements.
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, track project performance, meet deadlines, and ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral) in English (verbal and written) and Amharic. All donor reports, deliverables and communication will be in English.
- Proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet).
- Passion for feminist principles, mission driven work and personal values aligned with Plan International.
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour.
- Sound judgment and decision-making in complex situations.
- Commitment to working transparently and with integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- A process-oriented working style, with the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Modifies own view to get the best outcome for the organisation
Physical Environment and Demands
This post holder will be stationed in the Country Office in Addis Ababa with regular travel (approximately 20% of the time) to Amhara, Oromia, and SNNPR.
Level of Contact with Children
Responsibilities of this job require a low level of contact with children. Plan Internationalï¿½s global policy on safeguarding children and young people will be adhered to at all times.