Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded
About the Position
Dexis is seeking Grants Managers to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia.
The Grants Managers will provide administrative and programmatic support for all aspects of the grants lifecycle and ensure that the grant recipients are making appropriate progress toward achieving grant objectives. The Grants Managers will work under the supervision of the Senior Grants Manager and will assist in multiple areas, including but not limited to, the pre-award assessment of potential grantees, grants monitoring, and the upkeep of the OTI Anywhere activity database. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa or Oromia, with frequent travel to the Oromia region. The start date is immediate.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Prepare grant agreements and other grant documentation consistent and compliant with USAID and Dexis requirements, procedures, and best practices.
- Review and analyze budget estimates submitted by grantees for allocability, reasonableness and consistency and vet potential grantees.
- Provide support to the Senior Grants Manager to ensure the proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for grants under contracts.
- Liaise with grantees on a regular basis to ensure full understanding of their responsibilities and conduct site visits to ensure that all deliverables are met.
- Maintain accurate physical and electronic grant documentation, utilizing the OTI Anywhere activity database as well as Dexis’ electronic document management and paper filing systems.
- Complete excluded party verifications and negotiation memos.
- Review all grantee deliverables for the final approval by the Chief of Party (COP) or COP’s designee.
- Ensure all anticipated deliverables and objectives are completed before close-out.
- Support the Senior Grants Manager with his/her duties, as assigned.
- Prepare documentation of all activities as per the Dexis Grants Manual policies and procedures.
- Work with activity partners to manage implementation of processes and highlight concerns and issues immediately to the Senior Grants Manager.
- Works with activity partners to draft timelines, budgets, and templates for activities for the Senior Grants Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Grants Manager
Required Personnel : 3
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree.
- 1-3 years of experience in relevant positions, such as grants, contracts, finance, or procurement.
- Experience with USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Display creative problem solving in addressing and resolving emerging project needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and other basic computer applications.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Afaan Oromoo preferred.
- Experience with USAID contract and grants management policies.
- Advanced degree preferred.
How to Apply
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application via :
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.