|Company||:||Ethiopian Statistical Association|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Ethiopia Statistical Association (ESA)|
|Job Title||:||Head of Secretariat|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Tuesday, October 12, 2021|
|Application Deadline||:||Wednesday, October 20, 2021|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
Company: Ethiopia Statistical Association (ESA)
Job Title: Head of Secretariat
Job type: Contract
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
The Ethiopia Statistical Association (ESA) was established on April 8, 1990. ESA is a legally registered national autonomous, non-profit making and voluntary professional Association. It is re-registered under the new Charities and Societies Proclamation No 621/2009 with certificate number 0657 as local professional association. It is governed and managed by General Assembly of its members, seven-member Executive Committee (EC) and the Head of Secretariat.
Currently, ESA is looking for qualified and competent applicants for the Head of Secretariat position. The Head of Secretariat is appointed by and reports to the EC. He/she has overall responsibility for planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of program and administrative activities of ESA in consultation with the EC of the association.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs the day-to-day activities of the association.
• Manage the office, supervise staff and ensure proper administration and management of property and finances.
• Coordinate the annual meetings of the association, other conferences and workshops
• Applies decisions passed by the Executive Committee.
• Promote the development and expansion of the association in consultation and approval by EC.
• Ensure the timely preparation and submission of activity plan, budget, and activity report to the Executive Committee, the General Assembly and to the relevant government authorities.
• Ensure proper and timely project progress and financial reporting to the government and to donor agencies and partners.
• Design, implement, and evaluate program activities and strengthen the capacity of partners.
• Develop and implement a communications strategy to enhance recognition of the Association.
• Upon specific delegation by the EC represent and/or facilitate in major international, regional, or national events on Association behalf.
• Undertake such additional tasks as may be assigned by the Executive Committee.
How to Apply
• Candidates meeting the above requirement are invited to submit their cover letter, updated CV and other relevant credentials documents (only physically) to our office within 7 working days starting from the date of the announcement.
• Office address: Ethiopian Statistical Association located at Addis Ababa University, College of Natural Sciences (4 kilo campus), Department of Earth Sciences 1st floor, Addis Ababa.
For detailed information, you can contact us:
Telephone: +251 -111-26-12-03
• Bachelor's degree in Statistics with a minimum of 2 years of work experience or Master’s degree in Statistics with zero years of experience.
• Experience in data collection and management.
• Computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft offices and statistical software.
• Have an insight on the discipline of statistics
• Good understanding and skill on project proposal and report writing
• The ability to coordinate, complete assigned tasks on time and work collaboratively
• Ability to maintain a well-working relationship with members and other partners
• The desire to learn and the ability to understand quickly
• Fluent in writing and spoken English and Amharic
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Negotiable|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Negotiable|