Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a legally registered international NGO engaged in development and humanitarian assistance to poor rural people in Ethiopia in partnership with Ethiopian NGOs and civil society organizations.
DCA Ethiopia is looking for a competent HR and Admin Consultant for its Head Office in Addis Ababa. The HR and Admin Consultant is responsible for the proper handling of the below listed tasks in the DCA Addis Ababa field office.
- The Human Resource and Admin Consultant is Responsible to cover the Human Resource Manager duties stated below and consult the Human Resource Officer and Admin.
Main tasks of the position:
- To accomplish the specific duties stated below with in the specified time.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities.
- Undertake timely recruitment of existing/pending HR requests with line managers.an employment agency; advertise, receive applications, arrange interview, obtain preliminary information, score tests, conduct references, inform unsuccessful applicants etc if appropriate
- Ensure that the performance management procedure is followed. Overseeing the employee development review process and liaise with supervisors for timely completion
- Summarize employee training and development plan indicated on every staff EDR and present a plan to HFA
- Prepare TOR for staff (DCA and partner) and facilitate the trainings take place.
- Follow-up with all staff to ensure they use their annual leave on time
- Summarize and share information to Birches and participate in review of matching National staff Salary Scale grades, steps JDs with their Birches developed generic JD and grades and review
- Update national salary grade job category as per Birches recommendation.
- Support the DCA HR/Admin Officer and Assistant for efficient and effective management of the office resources and administrative needs.
Vacancy Number : Vacancy number: DCA-ETH/VA- 023/2021
Type of Contract : Temporary for Two months
Reporting to: Head of Finance and Admin
Key Qualifications / Experience:
- B.A in Human Resource Management, Business Management or any other related Field. Minimum years of experience in similar Experience Eight to Ten years. INGO Experience is highly desirable Excellent skills in written an oral English and computer literate
Technical & Other Skills
- Good level of computer literacy, including database applications.
- Working experience in similar context is an asset.
- Working capability in English is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link
DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. DCA encourage women to apply. Please don’t mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Female candidates with required educational background and experience are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please attaché only CV and motivation letter.