Key Result #1 Recruitment
1. Coordinate the recruitment process of the organization and ensure that all vacant positions are timely filled
2. Liaise with recruitment agencies on timely renewal of contracts
3. Lead the short listing of candidates, recruitment and selection process and ensures the compliance of FH/E HR policy
4. Participate in the manpower planning process of projects
5. Under the guidance of HR Manager, participate in development of Job descriptions with relevant supervisors
6. Guide field level HR officers in any recruitment and selection process.
7. Ensure that all required laws, policies and procedures are adhered.
8. Monitor the progress of the recruitment process and provide periodic updates to management
Key Result #2 Benefit administration
1. Supports and provides conceptual and technical guidelines to departments, project managers and field level HR staff in the area of different benefits,
2. Plans and co-ordinates benefit administration of the organization;
3. Ensure that all FHE staff members have fulfilled the necessary document for insurance and gets appropriate insurance cover.
4. Ensure and Maintain regular relationship with insurance & relevant government offices for update of staff data related to insurance & pension.
5. Develop linkages with similar organization to share information and best practices, and provide salary and benefit information upon their request and approval of the organization.
6. Ensure that all employee benefit claims are timely settled.
7. Ensure that all relevant staff have appropriate pension coverage and follow up on timely settlement of monthly contributions
8. Responsible for monthly preparation and ensure timely submission of time sheets.
Key Result # 3 HR Data Management
1. Ensure that all personnel files fulfill all the requirements
2. Ensure that the staff file access and use protocols are strictly adhered and mitigate any potential security risks.
3. Responsible for the regular update of HR database
4. Serve as an administrator for Orange HRM and regularly monitor the system
5. Ensure that all staff pension and Payroll data is kept for reference
Key Result # 4 Others
1. Assists in the development of HR policies, procedures and formats as assigned by the supervisor
2. Prepares and submits periodic performance reports;
3. Assist in facilitation of court case responses and others legal issues
4. Liaise with different organizations and partners on areas of assignment.
Job Level Specifications
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
- Practical experience in using a wide range of HRIS applications and Advanced Excel operation level.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan and coordinate work, ensure the efficient flow among subordinates and field level HR staff
- Strong people management skills / interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, teach and mentor staff.
- Ability to make impressions on new candidates.
- Ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization and across organizational and cultural boundaries.
- Excellent people skills including warmth and sensitivity, conversational, able to relate to and effectively communicate with people from different cultures (at various levels within the organization).
- High integrity and a strong sense of professional ethics.
- Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Google platform, and virtual technologies such as Skype and / or Zoom Meeting.
- Thorough understanding of development and/or missions.
- Ability to travel up on short notice.
At least six (6) years’ experience in a similar or senior HR position preferably in an INGO setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional certification will be an added advantage.
The HR Coordinator will have a supervisory responsibility over three HR Officers
Proficiency in spoken and written English required. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present organizational training and respond to questions from groups.
Food for the Hungry/ FH Ethiopia is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for all beneficiaries it serves. It is FH's policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that prevents and deters any actions and omissions that put any beneficiaries, including children and the most vulnerable at risk. All personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy could result in termination.
Safety & Security Responsibilities
Encourages compliance of Safety and Security principles and policies of the organization by all staffs;
Visiting project Offices and operational areas periodically to meet staff and making sure that all staff members are aware of the safety and security procedures;
Explains to staffs the reasoning behind the organization’s safety and security policies and procedures;
Provide adequate time to staff to participate in gender sensitivity workshops and related events.
Through observation, interviews, and spot-checks, ensure that the staff planning process is gender sensitive.
Build a better gender balance in staffing through affirmative action.
How to Apply
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates should submit their application and updated CV’s ONLY to: [email protected]
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and applications