KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Directly lead and manage the project offices and areas support staff.
- Ensure that SCI policy implementations for human resource management functions at the project offices comply with legal and administrative requirements of national and regional government requirements.
- Ensure that effective and efficient human resource management systems and procedures are in place at the Area office and are regularly updated and implemented in line with the national policies.
- Facilitate, organize and participate in the recruitment process of new staff and the familiarization of SCI policies and working guidelines in the form of induction to all staff of the project offices. Participate in the recruitment, selection, placement and termination (contract extension) of employees as called for and respond to staff problems.
- Oversee the performance management system, personnel records, employee relations, as well as training and development of the staff in the Project Offices. Also ensure that relevant reports are produced and dispatched timely to the pertinent organs in the organization.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all SCI resources mainly but not limited to human resource in order to keep costs low and ensure the security of staff.
- Facilitate all legal issues in order to have ad hoc specialist legal advice, opinion and services and to keeping abreast of relevant statutory legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee proper implementation of staff benefits package for Field office staffs and ensure that records are maintained and updated.
- Ensure that exit procedures are properly followed during staff separation.
- Support initiatives on staff wellbeing program.
- Liaise with line managers on planning and utilization of annual leave by creating proper awareness and making negotiations if necessary.
- Gather required staffing information and communicate to the insurance company within 3 days for inclusion of new staffs in the existing insurance policies and exclusion of separated staffs.
- Ensure that new staffs are registered with the government pension scheme and required documentations are submitted to POESSA.
- Coordinate and monitor registration of new employees into the HRIS system and ensure updating of staffing changes on the system within 3 days.
- Provides Human Resources information for management and staff based on data analysis and interpretations.
- Maintain confidentiality in respect of all staff records whether manual or computer maintained. Coordinate submission of required HR information to CO HRIS Coordinator on regular basis and when requested.
- Liaise with managers and employees and ensure online submission of timesheet as per the standard set timeline.
- Respond sensitively and professionally to the children, young people and families who work with SCI Ethiopia.
· Administer area office level benefits including insurance coverage, claims, change reporting and responds to questions from providers and employees
· Administer undertakings related to compensation, performance, and employee benefits.
· Administer the development and implementation of records management procedure intended to standardize filing, protecting, and retrieving records, reports, and other information contained on paper.
· Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIANCE REQUIRED
- Educated to degree level in HRM, Management and Public Administration or related subject area.
- A minimum of 6 years’ direct experience in Administration and HR works including following areas: Administration, Human Resource Management, within a large organization.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a large team.
- Excellent interpersonal and representational skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- Highly developed organization skills, with the ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Experience of managing a large budget and an understanding of grant and finance management.
- IT literate – Mandatory.
- A commitment to children’s rights and principles of equal opportunity
- Who has great belief in diversity
- Who has good Skill of communication
NGOs Experience working in a complex multi-culture working contexts in any one of the Support Services Areas