1. JOB DESCRIPTION
The IM officer is backstop for providing technical support for MEAL, Oms and Project Managers to help them closely work with project staff and partners in the area of project data collection, analysing, reporting, and overseeing all HI data sets. S/he is responsible to keep a reliable and quality database at all levels and support program teams to generate quality monthly, quarterly/ biannual and annual project reports.
2. KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· Collate country and field data, analyse identify and address IM gaps, and facilitate information sharing among field operations and countries, including through the survey CTO and HInside.
· Coordinate interagency information management activities at the all level and facilitate the creation of interagency relationships and opportunities for cooperation at the country-level.
· Coordinate country-based information to ensure consistency and coherence across countries in the region, including assisting country-based information management staff in identifying, collecting and providing relevant data to the Regional office, to national partners, and relevant information management products including the Web Portal.
· Work closely with the Registration Team to ensure consistency and inter-operability between registration data and other operational data sets, and consistency between regional registration and information management strategies, as well as on population statistical reporting.
· Identify new information and data requirements to support operations and partners in the region, and support country offices in gathering and sharing this information and data.
· Ensure that the information on the Web Portal serves the needs of HI and key partners and donors.
· Provide emergency response information management support to country operations within the region.
· Assist in the implementation of standardized information management policies, data systems and information products across offices within the country operation, including the common operational datasets and fundamental operational datasets.
· Provide Information Management support to needs assessments for all sectors (in refugee situations) and provide Information Management support to needs assessments within HI interventions while participating in joint/harmonized needs assessments with other partners/clusters.
· Support operational leads in making methodological decisions about how to conduct needs assessments.
· Provide Information Management services to support monitoring activities within Sectors in a refugee emergency and development interventions; in areas of information flows, dissemination, processing, analysis, standard setting and dissemination.
· Leverage Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for geographic data management while collecting and promoting data standards, and then harmonized management of geographic data/information.
· Provide Information Management services to support population data management activities including population estimation, information flows from established systems, movement tracking, standard-setting/promotion and dissemination.
· Proven skills to analyse statistical information
· Possesses Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.).
· Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa.
· Ability to compile and holistically analyse diverse datasets.
· Demonstrated information management skills.
· Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
· Understanding of relational data theory.
· Experience in web design and software development and programming is an asset.
· Experience with relevant software such as survey CTO, KoBo data collect, CommCare, ArcGIS, Map info, SPSS, Epi-Info, SQL Server, and/or other applications.
· Experience with HTML, PHP, ASP and/or Java is an asset.
· Excellent written and oral presentation skills
– Degree in Computer Science, Demography, Geography, Statistics, Economics or related fields.
– M.Sc in the fields mentioned fields
– Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with graduate degree (equivalent of a Master’s), 4 years with undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in data management, statistics, analysis, information technology and administration.
– Proficient in Computer, training in program design, monitoring and evaluation
– Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
– Proficient and skilled in report writing
– Able to program manage database
– Strong computer and interpersonal skills
– Proficiency in spoken and written English and country official language
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
– Knowledge on Survey CTO is a plus.
– Experience in MEAL is a plus.
– Skills on data synchronization, and data pseudonymisation
– Experience with HTML, PHP, ASP and/or Java is an asset.
Competencies (knowledge, capacities required for the post)
Other competencies (knowledge, capacities required for the post )
– Assist in the implementation and operationalization of the country/operation-specific Information Management strategy.
– Liaise with sector experts to identify GIS needs and develop appropriate GIS products according to the defined standards.
– Building databases on Excel that cover the needs for indicator production to ensure data quality and skill to perform on demand data extractions
– Ensure mobile Data Collection (MDC) and Analysis –develop data collection tools, collect data by using app and make analysis as needed.
– Manage the response and prioritization of requests for map products and services by different sectors and unit.
– Produce a set of standardized maps for sector working group, partners and other concerned bodies
– Maintain and support the set standards for operational, geographical and population data to be used throughout all programmes/projects.
– Languages: Proficiency in English is required
– Ensure data protection policy in HI.
– Excellent communication and analytical capacities to process project information.
– Knowledge of gender, disability and age related components and how to integrate them systematically in Information Management Mechanisms.
Skills on survey CTO, KoBo data collect, CommCare, ArcGIS, Map info, SPSS, Epi-Info, SQL Server, and/or other applications.
Personal qualities :
– Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
– Open-minded and respectful attitude, eager to understand a given cultural context
– Dynamic and proactive
– Capacity to mobilize a team, taste for teamwork
– Flexibility and adaptation capacities
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should fill in the attached application form and submit it with a 1 page motivation letter and email it at [email protected] or through ethiojobs on or before the above mentioned deadline.
Please clearly state the position you apply in the subject line of your email otherwise rejected automatically. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position involves working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers.Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes women and persons with disabilities to apply.