GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #077/2019
As a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit – is dedicated to building a future worth living around the world.
We have over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including rural and economic development, education and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Together with our partners, we work to deliver flexible, effective and cost-effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions. Of our 18,260 employees in some 120 countries, almost 70 per cent are national personnel working in the field.
As a public-benefit German federal enterprise, we are committed to meeting our clients’ high standards with regard to transparency and accountability. German and European values are central to our work. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is our main commissioning party. European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and national governments benefit from our services, too.
In Ethiopia GIZ has been implementing development programmes on behalf of the German government for over 40 years jointly with our national partners. The focus of our work in the country is on vocational education, sustainable use of natural resources, land management and food security, biodiversity and forestry. Further programmes enhance the development of a sustainable textile sector and renewable energies. GIZ- Office is looking to recruit an intern as per the detail below.
Position: Procurement and services department – Intern
Application deadline: May 1, 2019
Required Candidates : One
Place of Work : Addis Ababa
- Support to the Procurement and Services Department
- Provide consistent and strong support to other team members in the procurement department.
- Assist in determining accurate standard specifications
- Assist purchase officers while negotiates price, places orders, inspect deliveries including quotation procedures
- Responsible for filing and/or distributing Procurement documents and completed transactions as per the GIZ standard
- Insure the Procurement Files are full of required documents and are well organized.
- Keeps database on suppliers and conducts regular search for alternatives
- Receives and checks delivered Service Requests from GIZ Programs and Projects, in case of finding shortcomings, will communicate with the respective office to ask to maintain the observed inadequacies, before the processing is initiated.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by superior/s.
- Attends Procurement and Services team meetings, hold Minutes of Minutes (MoM)
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Management or related field.
- Achieve good work habits that include:
Attention to detail
Taking task to completion
Willingness to put in extra effort
How to Apply
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘ Internship- procurement #77 ’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged