|Position Title||Logistic / Supply Chain Assistant|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Classification||General Service Staff, G4|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||07.08.2019 – 21.08.2019|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the general supervision of Procurement and Logistics Officer and direct supervision of Logistics and Asset Management Assistant, the incumbent will be engaged in assisting in the logistics and supply chain activities of the mission including support on premise managements and logistics need related to various projects throughout the mission. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Maintains an effective filing system: Central Files, paper files, electronic files as required. Maintains all procurement related registers and files up to date.
- Assist main office and Sub-office colleagues for the monthly rent amortization procedure to be performed on a monthly basis.
- Liaises and co-ordinates with the relevant delegations/departments/functions regarding delivery of supplies and keeps all parties informed of any changes in a timely manner.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database for regularly purchased items and stays up to date of local market conditions & trends.
- Ensure proper management of office storage including, stacking of multiple items in a safe place and keep stock cards.
- Manage office storage and ensuring program units receive office supplies up on requests and storage replenished regularly.
- Verify all items delivered to the warehouse are consistent with specifications, quantity and quality of the Purchase Order;
Support and administer supply chain, transportation and shipping activities:
- Implements/ maintains IOM transport, shipping, import and export procedures.
- Supports domestic and international cargo shipments for routine and emergency operations by road/surface and air.
- Maintains and updates shipment files and register.
- Administers freight insurances.
- Administers cargo loss claims.
- Liaises with move/ transport stakeholders along the supply chain movement; produce regular, timely and accurate narrative reports for IOM.
- Ensures that goods are shipped to and from destinations through quickest routes and cost effectively.
- Maintains and develops sound processes for transportation of goods and safe working environment.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics or alternatively, a combination of related education and experience in this field
- Minimum of 4- and 6-years’ experience for Degree and Diploma holders respectively, in Logistics and Warehouse work
- Experience with International Organizations & NGOs is desirable
- Demonstrated ability of working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied culture and professional backgrounds in order to achieve desired goals.
- Analytical, communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills,
- Good knowledge of computer management and applications.
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English
- Amharic and other languages is advantageous
Values and Competencies
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork : Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results : Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge : Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability : Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication : Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT , by August 21, 2019 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email ; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!