EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Logistician (1 year fixed term contract) , based in Nekemte.
Logistician 1 provides technical and operational support in the areas of purchasing, fleet, warehousing, stock management, import-export activities and statistics, in accordance with the ICRC’s logistics standards and local legislation.
- Internally, interacts with staff in the division (and associated divisions) in the delegation and with technical reference persons at headquarters.
- Externally, develops and maintains working relationships with suppliers and other contacts relevant to their work.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently manages all the supply chain activities for all incoming SRs/Orders from NEK or from the field when necessary he/she will process SRs/Orders by dispatching to relevant department, purchase, warehouse or upstream. And Supply-chain management and planning (manages and follows up on requests, provides customer desk service and carries out related reporting).
- Carries out field purchases and petty cash purchases in Nekemte and field locations and Ensures correct purchasing procedures in reference to ICRC purchasing procedures, Financial rules and Code of Conduct and Ensures timely follow up of SRs/Orders and inform requesters on deadline and others relevant information. And Participation in purchase planning (purchase orders, request orders, supplier files, etc.).
- Regularly conducts market surveys and analysis for prices and quality benchmarking and submit reports to his/her superior.
- Organizes available warehouse space for efficient storage of goods. Ensures constant respect of ICRC rules & regulations as well as hygiene and warehousing standards.
- Implementation and follow-up for financial and administrative procedures.
- Identifies the SD’s needs in terms of vehicles and generators and the dimension of the fleet according to identified needs, taking physical (e.g., context) and financial (e.g., budget) constraints into account. And handles all accident cases according to relevant ICRC procedures. In addition, maintains coherent, exhaustive and up-to-date files for all vehicles and generators as well as for fuel management and all administrative activities.
- Ensures compliance of fleet to ICRC standards, both general and local (age and condition of vehicles, radio equipment, ICRC stickers and markings, vehicle inventory).
- Trains ICRC staff in logistics procedures whenever necessary and required.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under their supervision
- Makes sure that deadlines for the PMD cycle are met
- Engages in ongoing and continuous feedback and support, particularly for employees under their supervision, but also other staff members
- Organizes regular meetings within their team to ensure optimal coordination of the work and proper flow of information
- Ensures that job descriptions for employees under their supervision are up to date; seeks feedback and support from the HR Department if needed
- Plans and coordinates the annual leave of the employees under their supervision ensuring continuity of the operations throughout the year and making sure that there are no outstanding holiday balances at the end of the year
- Coordinates and supports the employees under their supervision in their personal development by coaching and advising them on internal and external training and development possibilities
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and share relevant information with colleagues.
- Reports events and changes within the region that could have an impact on ICRC's activities and hence provides sound elements to the Delegation that allow to establish objectives and priorities.
- BA Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or related field
- training in administration or logistics, or equivalent experience is an asset
- Minimum three years' experience in Logistics Management.
- Good command of English, Amharic and Oromiffa.
- Computer literacy (Word, excel and others), mandatory
- Team-management experience an asset.
- Driving license (3rd grade) and should pass ICRC internal driving test.
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (Around Megenagna, in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church OR you can submit in Nekempte Sub delegation OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: April 22, 2021
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.