- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Assosa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in EthiopiaNorwegian Refugee Council Jobs in Ethiopia
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Reports to: support Coordinator
Supervision of: None
Duty Station: Assosa Area office , Assosa
Contract type & duration: Fixed Term;
The purpose of the Logistics Officer (Procurement) is to provide the day to day implementation of the procurement functions and responsibility.
Role and responsibilities
Generic Responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Management of Logistics staff assigned to him or her
- Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio of Logistics and Procurement
- Day to day follow of progress in Procurements and other Logistics tasks
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies CC tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents
- Ensure capacity building of Logistics staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant suppliers and service providers.
- Ensure that all procurements are done in accordance with NRC logistics policies, procedures, and donor regulations
- Check and receive purchase requisitions and initiate the procurement process according to NRC procurement regulations and thresholds
- Ensure RFQs, are prepared and sent out within the agreed lead time
- Complete and issue purchase orders in accordance with NRC regulations.
- Check procurement documents (Bid analysis, Purchase orders and Payment documents etc…) and submit to signatories for verifications and approvals.
- Check payment documents as per procurement checklist before submission for approvals and to finance.
- Follow up with suppliers and organize for delivery of materials.
- Conduct regular market surveys to identify suitable and reliable suppliers and service providers
- Maintain updated vendor data base at area level
- Update and share the procurement tracker on regular basis
- Submit invoices from suppliers and the relevant procurement documents to finance
- Train and supervise the procurement assistants
- Ensure proper annual procurement planning with stakeholders at the area office
- Maintain proper filing and record keeping as per the guidelines set by the management at the area office
- Maintain and update supplier database at the area office
- Complete adherence to all NRC policies and procedures for procurement, ensuring transparency, well documented, and correct procurement at all times, with solutions provided to procurement issues as they arise
- Through Agresso, receive, register and/or prepare requisitions, check the correctness of Purchase Requisitions, raise RFQs and purchase orders and update status reports.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services and equipment.
- Prepare monthly procurement reports and submit them to line manager
- Support all procurement process activities at the area office with support from the logistics coordinator.
- Coordinating with stores to collect relevant documentation, collating and organizing documents in accordance with the NRC procurement checklist.
- Support the administration of resources so that deliverables are achieved within set budgets, timelines and standards
- Prepare and develop procurement reports as required by Area office
- Support in Stores and General Logistics as and when required.
- Perform any other duties as may from time to time be requested by the Supervisor.
- Deputize for the Support Coordinator when and as required
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Project planning: CC Specialists
- Area operations: Support Coordinators (field office coordinators), Area Manager
- Job Specific: Entire Logistics Team at AO and CO
- Staff capacity building: CC Specialists, HR Officer
- Implementation: CC Specialists
Scale and scope of position
Stakeholders: Service providers and Suppliers
Budgets: Procurement Plans
Legal or compliance : Procurement SOPs, All internal and Donor Compliance requirements
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in procurement/logistics, Business Administration or equivalent.
- CIPS qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least Four years’ experience from working as a procurement& logistics officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience with procurement &logistics procedures and regulations.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Understanding of the operational context in Assosa area will be an added advantage
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good Negotiation and Coordination skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Knowledge of the context in BGRS,Assosa
- Good Computer skills required
Behavioural competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework