|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Job Title||:||Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, January 14, 2022|
|Application Deadline||:||Wednesday, January 19, 2022|
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
• Location: Dimma, Gambella
• Reporting To: Dimma Area Manager
• Start of Contract & Duration: Six Months (6)
• Ensure full compliance with DRC’s Minimum Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning Standards in all projects implemented by the Dimma field office.
• Lead the development of MEAL components of project proposals, including the development of indicators and project-specific MEAL plans. MEAL plans and DIP will be developed in close collaboration with program teams and will be used to populate DRC’s Performance Monitoring Tracker (PMT), which will be used by the program and MEAL teams to provide monthly updates and analysis of progress against indicators.
• In close collaboration with the Addis Ababa-based MEAL Manager and the program team, develop sector-specific data collection tools and ensure their proper use by implementing teams. The position will ensure the timeliness and quality of data collection, and ensure all captured data is managed according to protection information management standards and best practices.
• In collaboration with the MEAL Manager, lead field-level assessments, including baseline, mid-term, end-line, and post-distribution monitoring surveys.
• Produce monthly analysis reports with updates on the implementation status of all assigned projects. This will entail flagging areas of concern, developing recommendations for corrective actions to share with the Area Manager, implementing teams and MEAL Manager, and documenting lessons learned.
• In collaboration with the MEAL Manager facilitate field-level learning events to capture, document, and disseminate lessons learned for internal and external purposes.
• Under the guidance of the MEAL Manager, conduct internal project audits with an eye to ensuring means of verification are documented and reflect data reported by the implementing teams.
• Identify and conduct MEAL-related capacity building needs and opportunities for DRC’s program staff in the Dimma field office and assume responsibility for facilitating training on Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), and beneficiary feedback and response mechanisms.
• In collaboration with the country-level Accountability Officer, assume responsibility for the implementation of and compliance with DRC Ethiopia and Djibouti’s Beneficiary Feedback and Response Mechanism, and all associated tools and SOPs, in the Dimma field office.
• Coordinate with regional technical lines bureaus and the Administration for Refugees and Returnee Affairs (ARRA) for reporting purposes and during project monitoring exercises and terminal evaluations
• Provide support in preparing and reviewing reports and verifying consistency between collected data, means of verification, the PMT, and donor reports.
How to Apply:
• Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
• We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
• Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than January 19, 2022.
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
• A minimum of 3 years of MEAL experience within the humanitarian or NGO field.
• Demonstrated experience translating log frames and results in frameworks into monitoring plans, developing data collection tools and protocols, leading data collection and management process, designing and managing databases, and analyzing data.
• Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
• Excellent analytical, presentation, and report writing skills.
• Experience using software applications such as Excel, Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA.
• Previous experience with electronic or mobile data collection.
• University degree in statistics, economics, social sciences, or related discipline.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
• English (fluent)
• Amharic (fluent)
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for Excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|