The Multi-Media Consultant is expected to support the Communications Department at the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (hereinafter ‘NEBE’) on a range of issues including development and execution of effective digital communications to support the success of the upcoming Ethiopian general elections.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively create editorial content (stories, photos, infographics, videos, etc) in cooperation with Communications team;
- Create digital media contents for NEBE communications team and work closely with NEBE social media expert;
- Take photos and videos of events;
- Edit videos and photos in a speedy manner;
- Design different communications materials for digital media, voter education and other uses;
- Design different creative materials based on the content direction given by the NEBE communications department;
- Participate in events and initiatives that the NEBE and its partners organize;
- Take the lead and follow up on other design and printing works for the NEBE;
- Knowledge on digital media management and management software, and website administration;
- Knowledge on Ethiopia’s digital media environment is a plus;
- Animation and other creative skills are a plus.
TRAVEL: Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office work environment.
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS
- Ability to establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, and utilize initiative to direct own and others' activities;
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines and show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Not be a member of any political party;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
- Ability to conduct self with integrity and function ethically;
- Strong oral and written communication;
- Strong ability to work independently and under stress;
- Strong command in more than one NEBE working languages preferred.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Computer Science, Digital Media or any related field;
- Two years of proven professional experience on the specific skills mentioned above are required;
- Proficiency in technological tools required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English and Amharic required. Additional local language is a plus
How to Apply
Please state the subject line of your email As "Multi-Media Consultant"