Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Developing, implementing and administering database information systems to gather and process information required for DTM implementation.
With the technical support of the Global DTM team and in compliance with the DTM global database standards, facilitating the design of a flexible database structure for the DTM MT to support an ever-changing questionnaire.
Developing data collection tools and/or data entry tools as required.
Supervising the IM team in assigning tasks and making sure their performances are optimized.
Compile and do analysis on the data collected.
Conduct further analysis and triangulation of information on
SA with B1F/B2F
RRA and affiliated
In coordination with Global IT support and the mission IT department, implement the technical aspects of data governance
Review and approve the data validation and cross-checking process to ensure proper and reliable data across sources.
Review and give final approval on all datasets and analysis before they are submitted to the Junior Reporting Officer for the production of reports.
Support DTM field project assistants in the implementation of best practices at field level to ensure data quality.
Any other tasks as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Database Management, Software Development, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience;
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the development and implementation of population database systems (e.g. migrant registration, censuses, household surveys);
- Experience in the development and management of database information systems;
- Experience in the development and implementation of ODK/Kobo toolbox or any other mobile data collection tools;
- Five or more years of experience using the following tools: Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visual Studio (ASP .NET C#), SQL Server.
- Minimum two years of experience in the development and implementation of population database systems (such as registrations, census or surveys);
- Minimum two years of experience in systems analysis and development, data modelling and SQL programming;
- Two or more years of experience in DTM data is preferable
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English is required
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address to RECADDIS@IOM.INT , by April 29, 2019 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email ; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
18.04.2019 – 29.04.2019