EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. EthioChicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring a chicken to every family in Ethiopia in 2021, and a chicken to every person in Ethiopia in the future, transforming the Ethiopian poultry industry, making it a model of inclusive growth.
The Payroll Accountant, under the supervision of Benefit and Administration Manager, is responsible for preparing of all payroll and related payments, legislative reporting related activities, working closely both with the concerned HR and finance team.
Duties and responsibilities
Payroll and related payments tasks
· Perform payroll accounting, make payroll entries and maintain payroll files for the company employees
· Ensure all received monthly payroll updates are compiled and organized on time
· Ensure updates are uploaded onto a system integrated payroll program called Payspace ( https://www.payspace.com/ ) and payroll payment is submitted before 24 th of every month
· Assist in payroll calculations, changes, deductions, and withholdings
· Ensure that payroll processing is in compliance with government laws
· Address payroll inquiries from employees in a timely manner
· Prepare termination and severance payment
· Communication allowances transfer follow up
· Liaise and follow up service charge payments to Payspace and communication top up service provider
· Liaise and work closely with Payspace support team and communication top-up providing companies
· Analyse payroll issues and provide appropriate action plans accordingly
· Ensure and liaise with concerned finance team
· Ensure staff loan payments and all deductions are in order and in compliance with government and the company policies and SOPs’ accordingly.
Payroll and related reports
· Prepare payroll, tax, labour union contribution, payroll deductions, cost sharing and all legislative reports and ensure they are submitted on time to the concerned government offices.
· Generate periodic payroll reports to managers for review.
· Assist in preparation of payroll budgets and cash planning and weekly cash balance report
· Preparing Financial Statements
· Assist in preparation of weekly budget to actual expenditure and weekly cash tracker report
· Assist in preparation of monthly bank slip and follow up service payments to Payspace
· Reconcile payroll expenses in the ledger to the payroll schedules from Payspace
· Prepare schedules explaining the monthly change in payroll costs
Policy and procedure compliance
· Ensure that benefits taxation, Payroll processes are in compliance with government laws, Payroll policies and procedures
· Preparing Payroll Reports
· Assist in performing Periodic Internal Payroll Audits
· Preparing Documents for External and Internal Auditors
· Ensure over all process are in proper implementation and compliance of company & government policies and procedures
· Ensure loan requests are transferred and reconcile deductions
· Assists external auditors in providing the necessary documents as required by the auditors
· Performs other related duties as required by the supervisor:
· Must be able a self-starter, meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
· Attention to detail, strong mathematical foundation, analytical and critical thinking, organization, clear written and spoken communication.
· Degree in Accounting / Finance
· Excellent knowledge of Peachtree Accounting Software
· Excellent computer proficiency
· ERP experience is advantageous
· Tax preparation
· 1 year or above in payroll Accounting/Finance related work experience.
How to Apply
Please title your application with subject line: - "Payroll Accountant"
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through ethiojobs.net or
e-mail: [email protected]
Women are highly encouraged to apply!