As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 51 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the position:
The Peace Building Coordinator will serve as one of the technical specialists within the overall PB operations. The position holder will be responsible for the integration of selected PB themes and program models into other WVE’s technical programs and field operations. The role holder will be among the key functions in building WVE staff’s capacity in PB/ Conflict Sensitivity models at different levels of the organization.
Major Responsibilities :
· Under the supervision of PB Manager Identify training needs, develop and/or adapt training modules/manuals and facilitate capacity-building training for WVE staff, stakeholders, community groups.
· Provide technical support to WVE TPs and field operation units as they integrate peacebuilding and social cohesion in their programs and grant projects
· Facilitate and provide technical leadership to conflict assessments as needs arise, design and develop peacebuilding grant projects for fragile and conflict-affected areas.
· Participate in national and regional project design and implementation strategy development to ensure peacebuilding and social cohesion is integrated in WVE grants and programs
· Develop technically viable approaches so as to engage key stakeholders such as church leaders and other FBO partners into WVE’s ministry through promotion and support of PB-focused leadership development, engaging churches & FBOs into systemic PB, advocacy, conflict prevention, and economic development activities.
· Accomplish any other activates as requested by the immediate supervisor
· MA or BA in Peace-Building, Sociology, International Relations, Conflict Studies, Theology or other related field and at least 2 years for MA and 5 years for BA related experience working with Communities in an NGO context.
· Strong communication skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity, and physical stamina
· Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Vision Statement
· Strong problem solving, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
· Ability to work with different partners such as religious leaders, local authorities, and CSOs, to develop and maintain positive relationships and demonstrable ability to work in and contribute to the team building environment
· stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
· Ability to cope and deal with stress and work under stressful work conditions is a requirement
Knowledgeable of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Working Environment / Conditions:
· Work environment: Office-based
· Travel: Frequent travel to project site, RO, CPO and AP
· On call: 25%
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected] .
World vision has zero-tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies
Eth iopian Nationals (Female applicants are highly encouraged)