Under the general supervision of the Director, Sourcing and Logistics Department, Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs and controls the purchasing/procurement of raw materials, spare parts and supplies necessary for the operations of the companies under ABIG group. Supervises the entire process of purchasing including the preparation, organization and analysis of bids to assure that commodities are purchased according to the specifications, desired quantities and acceptable prices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide coordination and control services for all procurement activities related to raw materials, spare parts, and other supplies;
· Assist in the formulation and implement policies and procedures designed to assure overall economic purchasing;
· Establish an efficient system of cost management and budgeting for the section in order to promote the profitability of the company.
· Report and analyze purchasing performance; Take action if short, mid and long term objectives of the department are on jeopardy.
· Develop purchasing KPI dashboard in line with the department’s objectives, key risk and performance areas.
· Manage the Tendering, Negotiation AND Supplier Selection processes; Ensure availability of Requirements and Conditions prior to tendering.
· Manage the operational supplier relationships; Develop and implement supplier evaluation system to track performance of the suppliers; Periodically review and follow up the performance of the suppliers
· Report order status, financial performance and supplier performance (quality, delivery, service) for purchasing materials and services on a regular base
· Responsible for development and follow up sourcing plans for the main local purchasing categories to ensure price competitiveness, continuous long term supply and anticipate future opportunities
· Coordinate with third party logistics, with vendors, and service providers
· Responsible for managing the contracts of suppliers; Update and develop (new) contracts for the suppliers and make sure that contract is respected by Supplier.
· Review declarations collected from transit agents and handle custom clearance.
· Maintains up-to-date and systematic records pertaining to prices, suppliers, procurement schedules, etc.
· Ensure people development within the Purchasing department, including coaching and arranging training, Motivating and developing the staff in order to ensure the achievement of objectives of the department.
· Build and maintain relationships with other departments in order to ensure stability and success in day to day activities.
· Set performance targets for his/her teams (KPI) and evaluates their performance,
· Staff the department with qualified employees and take administrative actions as required.
· Perform other related assignments as might be given by his immediate supervisors from time to time.
Requisite Qualifications and Experience
· BA /MA Degree in Procurement & Supplies Management / Purchasing / Management / Business Management or other Business related fields from recognized university.
· A minimum of 8/6 years work experiences preferably at manufacturing industries in procurement out of which 3 years on Managerial position.
Skills and Personal Attributes
· Having Innovative and entrepreneurial skills
· Strong leadership skills, able to lead change, mentor, and motivate individuals/teams.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong negotiating skills.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
· High analytical abilities
· Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
How to Apply
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their application letter and Updated CV (WITHOUT ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AT THIS STAGE) through the following address:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or through
Please mention the specific Position you are applying for on the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.
N.B. Candidates are encouraged to only apply online.