KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Requests working/program advances for payment as per approved Terms of References
• Collects working/program advances and make various payments as per the authorization and approval of Budget Holders and in accordance with SCI’s financial management policy.
• Ensures that all payments are made against sufficient, complete, correct and relevant supporting documents duly verified and approved by concerned managers or budget holders
• Ensures that all payment documents bear “Save the children Paid” stamp.
• Summarizes expenses using relevant expense codes duly authorized by responsible person and timely settle all project advances to finance section of the Field Office before placing a request for another advance
• Ensures that Government withholding tax is deducted from service fees to hotels, resources persons etc. rendered outside of the Field Office location and issues receipts to service providers accordingly
• Ensures that all unused cash returned from specific project advance is deposited in SCI Bank account daily and expenditures settled with in three days.
• Facilitates the provision and settlement of travel advances of staff based outside of the FO
• Assists the organization and facilitation of trainings, workshops and other events in supporting project managers without compromising the project advance payment management
• Provides administrative assistance to the senior program manager and project managers as necessary
• Perform any other activities based on line manager’s assignment.
. Minimum educational requirement: First Degree /Diploma in Accounting /Business Administration/Banking and finance or related fields
• Minimum experience required: Four years for Diploma and two years for Degree holders. Demonstrated experience in disbursement related activities in NGO setting and knowledge about EU, USAID and other donors funding and compliance requirements
• Good understanding of project implementation processes
• Demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication
• Excellent and demonstrated skills in computer Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlooks, E-mails
• Knowledge of local language (Afan Oromo) is mandatory