|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Job Title||:||Program Officer|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, September 25, 2020|
|Application Deadline||:||Tuesday, October 6, 2020|
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Position: Program Officer
– Location: Addis Ababa
– Employment Category: H2
– Reporting To: Project Manager
– Start of Contract & Duration: 12 Months
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
• The Officer will be responsible for supporting the set up and implementation of EMP’s activities in Addis Ababa targeting Eritrean Refugees. The Officer will work with Assistants and supervise outreach workers to ensure the delivery of refugee youth resilience building activities as well as the operation of an information hub. Further, the Officer will provide support to project cycle management, program development and reporting with specific contributions in the area of urban refugee outreach.
• Collaborate closely with the Coordinator to operate information hubs for refugees in Addis Ababa, as well as coordinate a refugee youth mentorship program. Responsibilities include designing and rolling out of needs assessments and community outreach ensuring adequate monitoring, documentation and reporting of activities against relevant indicators.
• Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of EMP activities with a particular emphasis on youth resilience building and access to justice, education, information and services.
• With guidance from the Program Coordinator and support teams, contribute to budget and procurement planning and implementation.
• Plan and oversee outreach workers and activities, producing detailed work and activity plans for the day to day operation of EMP activities.
• Under the direction of the Coordinator, assist in activity reporting for both internal and donor purposes. This will include providing regular reports with accurate and comprehensive files of activities, outputs, materials, and other relevant or supporting documentation.
• Monitor and report on contextual developments affecting implementation, raising and escalating issues related to the program risks, protection risks among the target population and ensuring accountability to beneficiaries.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders by actively participating in coordination meetings, working groups and any other meetings as requested.
How to Apply:
• Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
• We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
• Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than October 6, 2020.
• For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo
• Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
• Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
• Minimum 3 years of work experience in humanitarian or development response. Experience working on refugee/IDP protection with an international NGO, UN agency or relevant ministry or local authority especially valued.
• Strong planning, problem solving, and communication skills required with the ability to use planning tools appropriately and produce well-written documents for internal and external use.
• Integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Education (include certificates, licenses etc.):
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, law, social work, international development, or other relevant field from a recognized institution.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
• Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English and Amharic. Good knowledge of Tigrigna.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|