Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
ActionAid Ethiopia believes that Gender equality and poverty eradication are achieved through purposeful individual and collective action to bring socio-economic changes from household level to local, national and international levels. Empowerment of people living in poverty and women leadership with the support of their allies is crucial to drive change that will ensure equality and poverty eradication.
ActionAid Ethiopia is currently seeking to give opportunity for capable, energetic, ambitious, and motivated Program officer in its Elfeta Development Areas and would like to invite qualified and interested persons to apply.
Post: Program Officer- (For Women Development Programme) Number: One
Reports to: Local Programme Coordinator
Duty base: Elfeta Woreda (West Shewa zone)
Job Summary: With the support of the Local Programme Coordinator, and other team at the cluster, ensures programme/ projects implementation in the project area as per the plan, and programme quality standards Supports on Development Area’s strategic plan development, community level participatory poverty analysis, design/planning, appraisal, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects/ programs with emphasis to the Women Development Programme priorities. Works closely with community structures to ensure programme implementation, and sponsorship deliverables.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Facilitates local level participatory poverty analysis, programme design/planning processes as per AAEs’ programme strategic direction in general and the Development Area plan in particular
- Coordinates the planning, budgeting and reporting of the Development Area activities and implements the plan with the required programme quality standards.
- Coordinate project level evidence building, researches etc for program deign, evidence based policy and campaign work
- Mobilize and sensitize the communities and relevant stakeholders about AAE’s projects in the Development Area
- Facilitate a participatory process and define the roles and responsibilities of project owner communities and stakeholders,
- Coordinate the Cluster level Women Development program development/ design
- Provides capacity building supports to people living in poverty and their agencies as per their needs and priorities and the strategies of the project/ programme and programme Quality standards,
- Facilitates participatory programme implementation of community development programmes through and with community-based organizations as per the plan and programme quality standards,
- Supports the local programme Coordinator in partnership building to local government and other stakeholders.
- Write Women Development program concept notes and proposals for the cluster! Development Area in coordination with Program and Fund Raising Department at Head office.
- Provide technical and professional support to Women Development activities in under the cluster and Coordinates and ensures programme quality standards
Knowledge of the local language,( Oromifa), Is mandatory.
How To Apply:
We highly encourage CVs to be submitted via the above email address. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Note that applications received after the dead line shall not be considered.
“ActionAid will be conducting safeguarding reference checks on the successful candidate”