· Prepares Check/Cash payment vouchers for all completed cash requests, fill the form with proper codes and other required information, and attach all the necessary documents to the payment vouchers and process payment after getting approval.
· Follows-up and receive work, travel and other advance settlement documents, check for completeness of documentation and attach all the necessary information with the settlements, prepare journal entries.
· Prepare General Ledger and Cash Offline Spread sheet (GLACOS for all transactions that to be reviewed and posted by the Financial Accountant.
· Follows-up status of advances and accounts payable for regular and timely settlement, prepare monthly the appropriate schedules for payables, receivables and necessary tax schedules in preparing regular schedules and statements, which are required monthly and quarterly.
· Collects petty cash voucher summarized by the cashier for replenishment, review and check for completeness in respect of documentation, internal control procedure and required information for appropriate coding on the vouchers and sign the summary for checking and give it back to the cashier for replenishment request.
· Files and keeps in custody all monthly processed and posted documents, take over monthly processed documents, assign journal reference numbers for all the documents, and report for the timely consolidation.
· Ensures payment to Income Tax Authority, payment for all statutory deductions and staff pension skims regularly, for timely clearance of obligations.
· Prepares monthly payroll for the staff.
· Prepares bank reconciliation statements for the bank accounts under operation.
· Assists the program coordinator at the satellite office in the review and update of the monthly and annual budget requirements on a periodic basis.
· Assists the program coordinator in the reporting of the utilization of funds using the proper codes and in a way that is compatible to the monitoring of the line items.
· Participate in BVA (Budget vs. Actual) meetings, take notes, and follow up on the implementation of action points.
· Travels to fields some times when collecting necessary documents is required and assist the cashier in paying payments when she is on other payments.
· Perform other relevant jobs assigned by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Diploma/Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance;
· At least 4 years for diploma/2 years for BA degree and working on Emergency grants is an asset
· Computer skills, especially Microsoft Office, Excel and Financial soft ware
· Reasonable level of proficiency to read, write and communicate in English
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skill
· Broad understanding programs management and operations
· Ability to work independently and take personal initiative
· Female applicants are appreciated
· Eagerness to do the work
· Dedication to objectives
· Ability to work in a team setting, friendliness and resourcefulness (Teamwork)
· Respectful of oneself and others
- Familiarity with project cycle management, monitoring and evaluation
- Organised and able to manage own time under guidance and direction from line-manager
- Commitment to SCI overall aims and beliefs, including strong commitment to gender, diversity issues, equal opportunities and capacity building
- Strong interpersonal and self-awareness skills
- Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel in the country
- Well-developed conceptual, critical, analytical thinking and planning skills
- Ability to take Initiative, drive to achieve results, ability to develop effective organizations Understanding and experience of gender equity issues
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en