The Programme manager is responsible for implementing integrated programmes and represents NRC at coordination forums, as delegated from Area Manager and member of the Area Management Group. The following is a brief description of the duties assigned to the role:
- Deputise AM when appointed;
- Represent NRC in sectorial coordination, clusters and/or working group in the Benishangul Gumuz Region;
- Responsible for Project Cycle Management in Area, including Grants start-up, review and Closure meetings;
- Lead multi sector assessments; ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- With the support of the core competency Coordinators, lead the proposal development process for new funding opportunities with closely coordination of the CC Specialists and Grant Unit;
- Support the CC Coordinators in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects in the area;
- Work closely with Area Manager and Support Coordinators (Finance, Logistics and HR) as well as the CO Support team to ensure the delivery of the project materials and contractual agreement are done in a timely manner;
- Ensure capacity building of all technical staff.
- BA in Sociology, Economics, Agricultural Livelihoods or related social science is required
- MA in business administration in field of studies related to management is an advantage.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience from a management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Expertise in one or more of NRC core competencies is an and advantage
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Basic computer skills and different reporting system
- Knowledge of Agresso system