Brief Information about EWLA and the Project Intervention
Brief Highlight of EWLA: Established in 1995, the Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) is a non-governmental, non-partisan and not-for profit local organization that mainly works for the promotion and advancement of women’s rights in the country. It strives towards ensuring gender equality and women empowerment through fighting Gender-Based Violence and Violence against Women and Children. Since its establishment, EWLA has provided free legal aid services for needy women and children through its structures stretched from its head office in Addis Ababa to the branch offices in Amhara, Oromiya, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Dire Dawa; and Southern regional states. EWLA has also a structure at the grass-roots level in which there are strong 54 Voluntary Committees in Zones and Woredas in its intervention regions and will expand such grassroots structures to the new regions of its intervention: Somali and Afar. What is more, EWLA has plan to open new branch office in Tigray Regional State shortly.
Currently, EWLA is going to start a project intervention in West Gojam Zone of Amhara Regional State, Adet Woreda: Debremay, Goshiye and Adet kebeles. This intervention mainly focuses on creating enabling environment for girls and young women to actively participate on matters affecting them rather than the usual way of only waiting others to represent them while they remain behind in terms of voicing out their concerns. For effective and efficient implementation of the project, EWLA needs to recruit a competent community facilitator project coordinator.
Duties of the Employee:
- Plans, coordinates, and guides the implementation of the project in all the project target areas;
- Provides technical and organizational support to the Project implementation teams of the lead;
- Follows up and implements directives and guidelines of the project management team as per the contract
- Good project writing skill
- Follows up timely disbursement of project funds;
- Organizes and conducts project monitoring visits;
- Consolidates project targeted branch reports and submits a progress report to the donors on a quarterly basis as per agreed upon time frame and format;
- Ensure monitoring, evaluating and documenting the progress of program implementation against indicators and ensure that activities are on track;
- Providing overall guidance and direction focusing the program team on achieving agreed targets;
- Periodically collect and prepare success stories and best practices; disseminate reports to stakeholders;
- Coordinate and conduct baseline and mid-term evaluations and dissemination for action;
- Documents and disseminates studies, learning experiences and best practices;
- Carrying out other duties assigned by the Program Manager and/or Regional Office Coordinator.
Duration of Employment: One Year with Possibility of Extension
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Bahir Dar (Amhara Regional State) with necessary travel to Yilmana Densa Woreda: Adet, Debremay and Goshiye Kebeles and other intervention areas of the employing organization as needed
Qualification: LLB, Social Science, and other related fields for Degree holder 5-year experience for LLB/BA holders and 3 years for MA holders
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae at
For further information, please call at +251 911 96 37 65