This position holder would be responsible for assessment, response analysis, design, implementation and evaluation of the project. S/he is required to co-ordinate intervention activities and collaborative work with other Emergency Response team members and Plan staff, specifically with project management, Livelihoods, Child protection and education sectors. The project manager should have active role in technical co-ordination, facilitation of interventions, creating joint platforms for collaborative work and information sharing with different stakeholders, local government and humanitarian agencies.
Program design, monitoring, evaluation, and management: (45%)
- Lead the concept note/proposal development and ensure that all proposals have clear goal, objectives and indicators illustrated by a clear log frame.
- Closely work with MEAL coordinator on developing the monitoring tool for the project
- Support the Implementation of Project both to partner team and wereda level PIE project team, in coordination with the Oromia PA team at country office
- Provide guidance on Plan’s corporate system (APPR, CPPR and SAP business) to project area staff
- Provide technical support to MEAL coordinator on ToR preparation to undertake mid-term and terminal project evaluations
- Ensure that the project implementation in two locations is maintained its progress as per the intended quality & standards
- Ensure consultation and engagement of partners in all phases of the project is undertaken
- Roll-out of the Plan’s Program Policies (Program Guide, and Program Quality) and train plan staff at PA and partners on these policies, as appropriate
- Ensure equal and fair opportunities and representation of both sexes and persons with disabilities in the program.
- Provides adequate technical support to DANIDA project to Program Areas of PIE, West Hararghe, Gubakoricha, and partner Organization of the project area in Addis Ababa.
- Engage in capacity building of project staffs in coordination with partner and thematic sector leads at CO.
- Ensure joint review meetings have been conducted with the presence of partners and PIE team on regular bases
Manage periodical Coordination platform & production of quality reports: (30%)
- Support the MEAL coordinator to produce quality project reports and ensure deadlines are met for this to submit to the donor and local government
- Arrange/facilitate regular project review meetings among partner and PIE program staff
- Participate in coordination meetings organized by UNHCR or local government
- Support donor report writing, specially outcome reports
- Ensure logic and coherence between financial and narrative reports, and identify any changes to the description, timeframe of implementation and/or budget expenditures.
- Timely report any changes made to the description, timeframe of implementation and/or budget to his/her immediate supervisor
Documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and good practices: (15%)
- Engage the knowledge management specialist for creation and application of any innovative approach in implementation
- Support the knowledge Management Specialist towards ensuring that relevant project documentation is well organized and best practices, lessons, success stories, case studies, etc. are well captured, synthesized, packaged, produced and shared to relevant stakeholders using different technologies and methods.
- Document, share lessons learnt on the impacts and best practices of the project; and ensure effective communication and information sharing for scaling up of the project’s outcomes/impacts Prepare and compile case studies, best practices, proceedings, etc., and submit to concerned bodies as deemed required;
- Oversee the successful implementation of project baseline, mid-term and end line assessments/ evaluations and ensure lessons learnt feed into project adjustments.
Representation, partnership, advocacy and coordination: (20%)
- Represent Plan International Ethiopia in the working group related to this project at Addis and PA level
- Ensure that the project is well coordinated with the local stakeholders, UN agencies and local government in two locations
- Ensure periodical reports are submitted timely to the local government
- Manage and facilitate key project governance mechanisms at country level and design and manage effective communication channels
- Represents PIE and participates in experience sharing and related forums on matters related to this project.
- Engage influencing and advocacy unit at CO for possible advocacy issues to undertake and national and local level
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- MA/BA Degree in Sociology, Social Work, Development studies and other related disciplines.
- Minimum of five Years work experiance
- Four to five years’ experience in project management in NGOs sector.
- Knowledge of evidence based, best practice programming and standards for Emergency responses.
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Sound understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of child poverty
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts.
- Fluency in English language is essential
- In addition to Amharic, Knowledge of Local Languages is advantageous
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is August 06 , 2022 . Qualified candidates should submit their application with the links provided below.
For internal applicants:
For external applicants:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated links.
- Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to Apply
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.