- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Gambela Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
KEY Roles and Responsibilities
· Plan and ensure implementation of daily activities for children and their parents;
· Ensure that children harmed or at risk of being harmed are identified and receive individual case management support by direct counselling to the families or by providing the CP caseworker with guidance on conducting case management, in accordance with the SCI standard tools and procedures;
· Supervise content and ongoing awareness raising campaigns, meetings and FGDs with children and their parents;
· Coordinate with other SCI staff for referral of cases and to conduct joint activities (when relevant);
· Ensure regular communication with the Program Coordinator and CPiE Specialist for updates on achievements, challenges and any other relevant report as requested;
· Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing over sight and guidance to CP staff working at the camp;
· Develop monthly and weekly plans and any other reports according also to donors’ requirements;
· Directly supervise Child Protection incentives staffs and 1 intern caseworker;
· Ensure that the CFS centers have all materials needed for activities with children, monitor all distributions and provide a list of needs to the Program Coordinator
· Nurture and strengthen a good working relationship and environment with the local community;
· Provide support to the Program Coordinator as per need
Skills And Behaviours (Our Values In Practice)
· build relationships with club members, parents/carers, children and other implementing partners
· An interest in the well-being and safeguarding of children and child protection matters.
· A willingness to challenge opinion, where necessary, and to drive the child protection agenda.
· Strong listening skills and the ability to deal with sensitive situations with integrity.
· The confidence and good judgment to manage situations relating to the poor conduct/behaviour of others towards a child.
· Implement the SGBV child protection policy and procedures.
· Encourage good practice by promoting and championing the child protection policy and procedures.
· Monitor and review the child protection procedures to ensure they remain current and fit for purpose.
· Raise awareness of the incentive staffs, parent and care givers, adults, and children
· Raise awareness of the Code of Conduct for working with children to parents/carers, adults and children
· Challenge behaviour which breaches the Code of Conduct.
· Keep abreast of developments in the field of child protection by liaising with the protection partners,
· Organize appropriate training for all adults working/volunteering with children in the club.
· Respond appropriately to disclosures or concerns which relate to the well-being of a child.
· Maintain confidential records of reported cases and action taken.
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Qualifications And Experience
· BA degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Rights, Gender Studies, Political Science, Law and other related Social Sciences
· A Minimum of two-year experience working in the field of child protection or related field;
· Previous experience in working with children with special needs or psychological distress;
· Good understanding of child protection in emergencies;
· Confident communicator, excellent negotiations skills;
· Very well organized and with good reporting skills;
· Able to work under pressure;
- Works well in teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Good Computer skills: MS Word and Excel
- Previous experience in NGOs desirable