- Company: Balaya Childrens & Family Charitable Organization
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: SNNPR Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
Balaya Children’s and Family Charitable Organization (BCFCO) is a community based, not for profit, non-religious and discrimination free indigenous humanitarian organization that exists to help the Deprived, Excluded and Vulnerable children become productive, confident and responsible citizens, parents and leaders of tomorrow that directly involve and contribute for the development of the country. Balaya CFCO works in partnership with ChildFund Ethiopia.
Therefore, we would like to invite interested and qualified applicants for the following post.
- The purchaser is responsible for all procurement activities of the organization in accordance with the established policies to ensure value for money for all goods and services procured.
- Good communication skills in Amharic and English. Gedeuffa language is advantageou
Terms of employment : One year
- Contract with the possibility of extension based on availability of fund and work performance.
Place of work:
- Balaya CFCO Coordination office in Dilla town, Gedeo Zone, SNNPR
- Responsible for handling the organization’s Procurement functions as per the established Policies.
- Participates in the pre-qualification of suppliers of goods and services to the organization.
- Ensures that materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price as per the specifications and approved purchase orders.
- Maintains and updates prequalified vendor lists and standard specifications for major goods with approval of the procurement committee.
- Liaises with all units to compile annual procurement plan and regularly coordinate with Finance for proper cash flow projections.
- Collects per-forma invoices from pre qualified vendors as per the approved purchase requests.
- Facilitates the procurement committee tasks in establishing and updating pre qualified vendor list, bid opening, bid analysis and selection of suppliers.
- Expediting deliveries of procured items and ensuring that they are delivered in the right quantities, quality and meeting the specifications and terms and conditions as specified in the purchase order/ contract agreement.
- Ensures proper documentation, delivery and storage of goods in liaison with the Administration unit.
- Maintains and secures procurement records and files properly.
- Prepares a monthly procurement status report
- Minimum of 2 years hands on experience in a similar job areas for diploma holder and 0 years for first degree holders.
- Computer literate
- A Demonstrable attitude for teamwork.
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Ability to drive motor bicycle and have 1st grade driving license
- Diploma/Degree in Procurement, Purchasing, Supply management or related fields
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should submit non-returnable application together with CV and other credentials to Balaya CFCO, in person or P.O.Box 177, Dilla within 10(Ten)Calendar days starting from the date of this vacancy announcement. Or through email: email@example.com (Only CV and Cover Letter).
Qualified and competent women are highly encouraged to apply. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
N.B. During the selection processes any informal phone call and personal contact from the applicant’s side is strictly forbidden except waiting for the official notification from BCFCO.