The senior Finance Officer is responsible to assist the Senior Finance Manager to ensure that financial transactions maintained at country office accounting software are timely, complete, accurate, properly accounted, and available for decision inputs and reporting. He/she is also required to play important role in monthly closing and reporting to HQ; provide technical support to program staffs in the effective use of financial reports in project monitoring?
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESOPONSIBILITIES
Job Responsibility #1- System Administration
- Assist Senior Finance Manager in the overall administration of Accounting Software.
- Maintain (add, edit, change, delete /block) records of employees and vendors, as per approved data inputs.
- Provide training/ orientation to new staffs on country office accounting software; provide required support to Accountants and Finance Officers in using of the software.
- Follow up on open vendor records for timely reconciliation of open vendors/employees.
Job Responsibility #2- Serenic NAV
- Review data entry by Accountants before final posting to GL.
- Maintain record of accrued benefits (Vacation pay, severance pay, compensation pay); prepare adjusting entries (Journal Vouchers) for timely recording and updating of financial records at Serenic NAV.
- Review aging of receivables report (open vendor invoices); follow up account receivables (travel advance, work advances, consultant advances, etc.) for timely settlements and to avoid long outstanding advances, contact/inform staffs for timely settlements.
- Maintain New Vendor and Customer Card on the Serenic
- Review and post to system all bank payment
- Import all journal entry and process the group allocation
- Ensure that the ledger balance of sub-grant receivable is reconciled with the balance of Sub grant Management system.
Job Responsibility #3-Financial Reporting:
- Maintain reporting calendars for all reports to donors, government, internal management, Head Quarter (HQ), staffs, etc., for meeting of deadlines.
- Assist Senior Finance Manager in month end closing and reporting to Pact HQ.
- Assist Senior Finance Manager in preparation of periodic reports to funding agencies, government bodies, etc., through preparation of draft reports.
Job Responsibility #4-Wire Transfer Requests:
- Assist Senior Finance Manager in completing monthly wire transfer request from HQ; work with all units for compiling and submission of wire transfer requests.
- Follow up on the timely collection of Inventory for deductions made by HQ for indirect costs for local fundings.
- Ensure submission of monthly cash requirement of all the programs, sub- offices, finance, Grants and Administration units and prepare cash forecast for timely transfer of cash from Pact HQ
- Follow up the timely transfer of cash from Pact HQ.
- Ensures the timely transfer of Cash to Pact Sub -offices.
Job Responsibility #5-Handling Intercompany Transactions:
- Follow up on intercompany (IC) transactions from/to Ethiopia office.
- Prepare Intercompany Invoicing Notes and JVs for communication to respective countries with whom Ethiopia office has IC transactions.
- Maintain documentation of same for follow up and future review.
Job Responsibility #6-Compliance and Documentations Review:
- Follow up the processing time of payment requests by comparing Receiving Date Stamps with actual Payment times; identify challenges causing delays and recommend improved way of enhancing financial services.
- Review payment requests for completeness (supporting documentations); proper authorization; compliance to policies and procedures; reasonability of costs; and generally accepted accounting practices.
Job Responsibility #7-Staff Management
- Prepare annual plan for Financial Reporting Unit; also ensure the preparation and follow up on subordinates individual operating plans (IOPs) as cascaded from the unit’s plan.
- Follow up on staff’s performances, complete mid-year and annual staff performance assessments.
- Prepare annual vacation utilization plan for the unit so staff vacations are taken without affecting financial services due to staff shortage
Job Responsibility #8-Others:
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Senior Finance Manager
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
Supervises: 2 (1 Accountant and 1 Finance Assistant)
- B.A/M.A in accounting or financial management or related fields.
- 5/2 years of relevant professional experience in related field.
C) TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Excellent knowledge in data quality assurance; financial data and financial statements.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and DB skills;
- Fluency in English language and written communication;
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Sound judgment, ability to work effectively with others at all levels;
- Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, analytical ability,, stress tolerance, problem solving, customer focus, planning and organizing.
- The incumbent is expected to work in close collaboration with Pact Grants and Program staffs.
V. WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
- The post is located in Addis Ababa with occasional field travels
How to Apply
Interested applicants fulfilling the requirements are invited to send their application letter and CV to [email protected] or Pact Ethiopia Office Address: Yeka Sub City, Gurd Shola Area, Woreda 9, house No. 778, in front of Century Mall Mercy Plaza 6th floor. Tel: 0116-61-65-72/ 0116-61-63-04
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.