Hijra Bank is one of the full-fledged Banks emerged in the banking industry aspiring to provide reliable and accessible banking solution in East Africa. Currently, we have opened our doors and started delivering a superior class service to our valued customers. To fulfil these needs, Hijra is looking for dynamic, energetic, conscious and service oriented individual (Senior KYC Compliance Officer) to make part of its team.
The Senior KYC (Know-Your-Customer) Compliance Officer is responsible to lead the identification of customers and consolidation of multiple CIF (Customer Information Files) into one including such pertinent information as the nature of business, location, beneficiary, etc. He/she reviews client’s transactions and prepares periodic reports in line with the NBE Directive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures Unique Customer ID is assigned on Core banking system (Until National Id is introduced) for a customer his/her number product accounts at the Bank.
- Follow Account Opening for customer with unknown Identity or Fictitious Account.
- Ensures KYC documents presented for account opening are authenticated and makes customer due diligence.
- Follow timely payment of RTGS and credit transfer payment from Bank to Bank without delays and ensure branches are properly using the format as NBE standards.
- Ensures all information under account opening form is filled thoroughly both on application and system with Customer Photo and ID.
- Undertakes independent assessment overall Deposit accounts: System, Policies and procedure and staff in respect of effectively implementing provision and Mitigations tactics at least semi-annually.
- Makes periodic review and update of customer profiles on own risk rating and period of review determined by the bank.
- Follow and inform branches to deactivate customers whose profile information is not captured in line with directive of National Bank of Ethiopia.
- Provide final decision of KYC to open or decline the customer accounts within 5 working days without delay immediately.
- Ensures that account opening requirement and conducting account based transactions are in accordance with NBE standards.
- Ensures the prohibition of one to multiple accounts to account transfers more than 5 times per week is properly implemented and keep records in case it is exceptionally approved by president or his delegates.
- Ensures the prohibition of daily and monthly cash withdrawal above limit is for an individual customer and corporate customer is properly implemented and keep records in case it is exceptionally approved by president or his delegates
- Handling and Management of suspicious Transactions and making periodic reports to FIC in line with NBE directives.
- Ensures that all deposits to newly opened customers’ accounts are temporarily held for five days before any utilization or debit freezed by branches until KYC document is checked and approved.
- Ensure that all branches kept records of every customer profile information and related documents ,due diligence assessment report and exceptional approval files
Category: Branch operation
Required No : 1
Duty station: Addis Ababa (Head Office)
- BA Degree in Banking & Finance/ Accounting/ Business Administration/ Management/ Economics or business related fields of study.
- Minimum proven banking experience of 3 years in banking operations
How to Apply
Interested & qualified applicants fulfilling the above criteria can apply in person at Hijra Bank Head Office Located around Olympia Square, on the way to Bambis or send your motivation letter & updated resume/CV only at [email protected] Only short listed candidates will be contacted.