Info Mind Solutions plc the parent company of Ethiojobs.net and Dereja.com is a leading human resource company in Ethiopia. We are specialized in our e- recruitment platform Ethiojobs and our HR services, payroll management, training and Consultancy as well as Dereja that serves the employment need of the youth, fresh graduates, students and those who are in the Junior level of their career. We strive to produce sustainable solutions for our clients therefore our proven methodologies have created a profound impact because we realize excellence in people. We work in a mission-driven environment and we expect our people to carry forward this spirit in all they do.
Currently we are undertaking projects in tackling the issue of youth unemployment through its product Dereja.com we mainly work with Universities on establishing career center services, organize annual job fairs, Deliver employability skill trainings for different organizations. Engage and Implement projects that has the ability reduce the rate of youth unemployment as well as enhance their capacity of employability. Dereja works with both the private and public sector on introducing internship and management trainee programs and runs a 1-year long accelerator program “Dereja Academy”. Thus, we are looking for a qualified candidate to lead the project as a Senior Project Coordinator for the services that will be undertaking under Dereja.
The Senior Program Coordinator (SPC) will have the overall responsibility of managing the career center establishment project in selected universities through providing leadership of both technical and administrative functions of university career center establishment as well as the Dereja team. The SPC will implement the different strategies for various programs and will work to achieve planned objectives of outlined tasks. The SPC will represent the Dereja.com at every level on various communications and engagements with stakeholders. She/he will maintain effective liaison and working relationship with the appointed Career center directors and appointed staff and with the project team leading university career center development project. The SPC to report to Dereja Management staff on weekly bases on the various activities as well as be responsible on the effective delivery of tasks as well as monitoring and evaluation.
Key Tasks and responsibilities
- In consultation with Dereja.com team, review and prepare the project’s work plan and budget during the annul planning process.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual work plans for project logistics and activities, identifying and responding to the implications of interdependencies between different sub-project work stream activities.
- Outline effective communication strategies between the team and various stakeholders for the delivery of different projects as well as Dereja Services
- Develop a method of assessing the performance of the projects regarding career center establishment in selected universities and also awareness of center user students on career/employment readiness.
- Ensure that project activities are implemented and outputs achieved as planned and within the developed schedule.
- Review progress regularly, submitting quarterly internal progress review reports outlining progress, issues and actions being taken in the standard format.
- Organize a quarterly project progress review session with national project team, appointed career center directors and stakeholders. Career Center achievement against activity and output plan, and a forward look on whether the project is achieving against its objectives, indicators and beneficiaries.
- Proactively identify and monitor any risks to delivery and develop action plans to address issues identified.
- Manage the projects within the agreed budget, apply value for money and resource in decision making.
- Implement method of assessing resource utilization in the project and career centers for the possible optimum result.
- Implement internal project financial controls, ensuring that resource management in the career centers as well as various projects to follow and exceeds the basic standards.
- Review budget monitoring reports and provide timely explanations and corrective actions for any significant variances.
- Ensure that all procurement of goods and services follow company financial requirements.
- Oversee the activities of national project team and appointed career center team
- Hold monthly project team meetings and send minutes and key action points to the relevant stakeholders.
- Organize quarterly meeting with appointed career center directors to discuss on project matters.
- Organize meeting with career center team up on need by using various channels.
- Effectively and promptly deal with any poor performance and actively recognize and encourage strong performance by communicating with management
- Actively seek feedback on own performance and effectiveness from both country leadership as well as own project staff.
- Hold in-person supervision sessions with all line-managed staff at least once per quarter (to discuss progress against their personal development objectives and work targets) and carry out in-person annual appraisals with all line-managed team.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- The Program Manager will be responsible to develop and implement a project monitoring and evaluation process that meets the basic internal monitoring and outcome reporting requirements.
- Work closely with partner organizations to jointly monitor and contribute lessons learned, ensure dissemination and maintain dialogue on key project findings.
- Ensure the project is collecting organized information on career center establishment progress and student’s engagement.
- Lead the project’s annual self-assessment process ensuring that necessary evidence is collected and all staff are actively inputting into the process
- Ensure that the projects are regularly (at least quarterly) conducting beneficiary surveys, collecting other data through relevant sources, developing case studies.
- Oversee baseline, mid-term, final evaluation and other external evaluations, ensuring that learning and recommendations from those evaluations are explicitly incorporated into the project’s future implementation activity.
- B.A degree in any Social Science Fields with additional certification on Project Management.
- At least 3 years direct experience in program management/ Coordination and technical assistance.
- Experience in planning and development of career development programs.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent Proposal and report writing skills with proper awareness on using different project management tools.
- Sound knowledge of government operations and understanding
- Excellent interpersonal and team leadership skills–demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and students
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks concurrently, and meet deadlines in a timely way with attention to detail and quality.
- Available to travel frequent times out of Addis Abeba on project trips.
- Excellent English written and oral communication, as well as basic computer skills.
How to Apply