- Provide leadership and guidance to shelter program team, ensuring their service reflects Samaritan’s Purse’s (SP) mission; provide supervision, training and performance reviews
- Manage the Grant budget and ensure all expenses are within approved spending levels
- Collect data and produce reports which reflect the impact and effectiveness of the shelter program; employ creative and innovative strategies to enhance program success
- Review program finance reports, analyzing the information, and providing useful feedback to the Finance Manager regarding program activity and spending
- Develop and maintain an emergency response plan for the Shelter sector coordinate with relevant stakeholders on rapid response to emerging crises;
- Provide inputs to, and advocate for, mainstreaming of Shelter principles into proposals and interventions;
- Provide technical guidance on planning of assessments, and participate in Shelter assessments as required;
- Work closely with the Field Coordinator, Head of Programs and M&E Offer to ensure that all Shelter activities are being appropriately monitored, evaluated and feedback reflected in ongoing programming;
- Maintain close collaboration and good relations as required with donors and other partners;
- Represent the department during donors’ visits, prepare the agenda of the visits;
- Follow up on procurement and logistical aspects of programs to ensure Shelter activities are well planned and managed in accordance with SP’s and donor policies and guidelines;
- Travel to project sites regularly to ensure effective and efficient implementation of projects, and standardization of activities across offices.
- Advise on analysis of project data using international tools and methodologies and conduct advanced statistical analysis when required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university in Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with Shelter Programs, preferably in emergency contexts
- Proven management and leadership experience; strong relational and financial management skills
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work with a diverse team in a pressured environment
- Ability to travel to field sites to monitor projects; experience with monitoring and evaluation
- Previous experience working internationally with NGOs or in Humanitarian Aid preferred
- Spiritually mature, focused on the spiritual well-being of your team and goal of sharing the Gospel
- Fluency in English (required)
- Local Language
- English is an advantage
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands will be dependent upon situation and event.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in a security context that is fluid
This is a non-contractual document that can be varied from time to time as circumstances dictate. This job description is intended to summarize the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All SP staff is expected to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises.
The Employee should sign below to indicate that he/she understands and agrees to this job description.
How to ApplyInterested applicants can send ONLY updated CV (maximum of 3 pages and application letter (one Page only) no later than March 5, 2021 to [email protected] . Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ''Shelter Program Manager ''.