- Company: The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type:
- Job category: - Business / Administration Jobs in EthiopiaLogistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Shipping Clerk 1(One year fixed term contract), based in Addis Ababa.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct.
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement..
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times.
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers.
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC.
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Picks ordered items from shelves and packs them according to type.
- Receives picking tickets from the storekeeper or supervisor; verifies quantities picked against picking tickets.
- Updates bin cards and participates in drawing up inventory accounts.
- Weighs and measures packages and records the weight and dimensions on the picking ticket; prints labels and labels packages.
- Ensure all shipments receive the proper labeling and are packaged to arrive safely.
- Processes pre-packing lists with all required details using JD Edwards software.
- Records pre-packing lists on the register and forwards them to a supervisor for approval.
- Is responsible for packages until they are taken to dispatch.
- Prepare detailed and accurate documents to accompany shipments and ensure all items are packaged and shipped to ICRC standards.
- Ensure proper shipment method.
- Ensures that documents are filed according to the ICRC’s standard procedures.
- Ensures that procedures are properly followed and that discrepancies are reported.
- Work with other shipping clerks to see that all orders are handled promptly, and goods are shipped and stored properly.
- Archives files according to ICRC procedures.
- Be able to lift up to 25 kilograms, as many packages are large.
- Be able to maintain a high level of physicality for prolonged periods and working primarily standing.
- The employee may be asked to perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development
- High school or University degree or relevant professional experience.
- 2 – 3 years of working experience in a similar function.
- Very good command of written and spoken English, Amharic.
- Computer literacy.
- Valid manual driving license